Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2019 - Door armrest causing elbow pain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PPRO

Jan 27, 2020
MONTREAL
Hey all,

I picked up my 2019 Model S last month, and I noticed that the armrest on the driver door doesn't have a "soft" cushioning, and the hard material causes quite some pain to my left elbow area. It just seems that my arm somehow always ends up in a position where the bone on the inside of my elbow (not a doctor, sorry) is rubbing against the hard material.

I don't suspect this to be a widespread issue, as it depends on how, or if, you rest your left arm while driving, but I was just wondering if anyone with this same issue found a DIY solution to this (aside from holding my steering wheel a different way). Was thinking of visiting a car upholster to get their thoughts, but, thinking about eventual resale, I wouldn't want to add something to the armrest that will leave permanent marks.

Thanks for the help!

My old ICE had this problem, mainly because after 20 years, my elbow went right through the door panel!

I fixed it with a small gel filled wrist pad like used for operating a computer mouse.

Attached with removable 3M dual lock "Velcro". Matches car color, and not very noticeable. Like ten bucks on Amazon.

Also may be worth trying to play some more with your seat settings. In my case I've had to spend way more time than in other cars to find a good seat position. A small change could make a big difference in comfort, and in your case elbow position.

Reactions: IchDochNicht