Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S battery not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jshah

May 27, 2024
London
Model S 2017

In a bit of a pickle. Yesterday tried charging battery at tesla supercharger and it wasn't working. Tried 6 more chargers (two st BP Pulse) but got a message on dash saying unable to charge. Did power off from screen and waiter 5 minutes. Did the trick and was able to charge.

Today the same thing happened. Did the power off but didn't make a difference. Tesla said possibly ems fault. Car not under warranty but battery is. Cannot give loaner until car diagnosed with battery fault. I'm 300 miles away from home was due to go back today. Called insurance who fi ally said they would tow me home, only to find out my MOT expired yesterday!!! Need new MOT in order for insurance to help tow.

The question is, tomorrow I've booked MOT. Will this fail as the car is not charging? Do they check battery and charging faults?

Attachments

• 20240527_181747.jpg
    20240527_181747.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 7
What the hell is MOT? Is that what you Brits call your insurance?

Anyway if it won't charge at a supercharger try charging off AC because it uses a different system to charge the pack. If there are any errors inside the pack Tesla will NOT repair it and will tell you to replace the whole pack. I dono about 3rd party shops across the pond but in the USA we have a few that will disassemble the pack and make proper repairs and get you back on the road for about 1/3 of the cost

Upvote 0
What the hell is MOT? Is that what you Brits call your insurance?

Anyway if it won't charge at a supercharger try charging off AC because it uses a different system to charge the pack. If there are any errors inside the pack Tesla will NOT repair it and will tell you to replace the whole pack. I dono about 3rd party shops across the pond but in the USA we have a few that will disassemble the pack and make proper repairs and get you back on the road for about 1/3 of the cost
MOT is like a state safety inspection, luckily OPs battery is still under warranty and a battery fault would be in their best interest.

Upvote 0