Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 85D Model Slow mileage battery problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am Australian based and have just had a major issue with my 2015 Model S 85D. Vehicle has 39,000 km ( 24,000 miles) and battery warranty (8 years) ran out in OCT23. In DEC23 (2 months after the warranty expired) the vehicle simply failed to start and would not accept the charge cable even though the charge door would open. Vehicle screen showed two warnings:
1. Unable to start Vehicle ( Service is required) &
2. Electrical system power reduced (Vehicle may shut down unexpectedly).
Contacted customer support, did soft and hard resets and was told vehicle would need to be transported to nearest service centre 120 miles away. Booking was for 3 weeks later.
Meanwhile vehicle stopped responding to App and Fobs and was completely locked up inside garage.
used Dr. YouTube and managed to unlock frunk, get at 12V battery and recharge over 36 hour period.
Meanwhile Tesla customer service rang and said the problem was the HV battery.
I reconnected the charged 12V battery and was able to access car locks etc. But vehicle still showing the two alarms. The 12V battery discharged within 24 hours. Purchased another battery and fitted today (26JAN24) but still showing above alarms.
Service codes showing: a.) BMS_w027_SW_Drive_Iso
b.) BMS_f027_SW_Drive_Iso
c.) GTW_w405_12VNotSupported

Next step is to put it on a Tilt truck and drive it to Service centre. Interesting to read other posts saying HV batteries are dying straight out of warranty.

Anyone have any ideas and is it possible to reset the Service codes externally?