Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S CPO Unusually Low Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe a large part of the inventory issue mentioned in the OP has to do with sellers dealing with other companies/dealers when they decide to get rid of their car.

Companies like carmax, Vroom, or Carvana will often pay sellers more than Tesla will for their car, and from a buyer perspective, these companies make a better effort in refurbishing issues with the car before selling them, which is something Tesla doesn’t really do anymore.

I know when I bought my used car, my search initially started exclusively with Tesla, but I quickly came to learn that there are other outlets with often more desirable inventory. Tesla’s leg up is they often have a larger inventory of more recent models.

I noticed just after midnight that Tesla ended ‘Free Supercharging’ on it’s used fleet without exception. Admittedly I had already soured to the idea as the search had become exhausting, yet this was the final straw for me.
Wow, I looked, free supercharging seems gone from cars which had transferable lifetime supercharging at birth. If this is not just a website glitch, that means they are stripping transferable supercharging from cars, which means private party value just went up as long as the car had not been a CPO starting whenever the supercharging stripping started.

This could be another money saving move - as cars with free supercharging get cheaper, people who afford them are more likely to use supercharging in order to save money.