Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Dash/Interior console photos 'wiki'?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife & I seriously looking at a nice CPO Model S P100D, everything aligns, except she's not such a fan of the 'Matt Obeche' Nor Piano black, Carbon Fiber, etc. The tan real leather interior - she's very happy with. Probably a preference for a gloss wood finish based on previous vehicles we've had.

I wondered if there's an 'official wiki' or something with accurate shots of the available interior OEM options 2016 refresh-compatible for example? Not interested in the plastic glue-on overwraps etc from 3rd parties at all, but if we could source/swap out good condition OEM to 'make it perfect for her'.. you know the saying.. happy wife..happy life ;)

Have seen some examples on eBay for sale and other parts of this site. Would simply like to see good ie accurate pics of what the OEM options are/were beyond the current configurator to plan/consider accordingly.
Many thanks in advance!

Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program nearly a year ago. What you're talking about is a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't even had the 70-point inspection done that they claim. It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing.

Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program nearly a year ago. What you're talking about is a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't even had the 70-point inspection done that they claim. It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing.
Thanks for the CPO/2nd hand tip. Any ideas on my original question?

I think your only options for glossy wood are dark ash and glossy obeche. Dark ash looks like piano black in most everything but direct sunlight. The grain is a dark grey.

There may be some variations in how pronounced the grain is. Some pictures online show a great deal of contrast. My trim does not.

All interior MS trim parts are interchangeable except for the sliding center console lid. I swapped my piano black interior for dark ash which was not available in 2015, so I have the "old" center console that is just matte black plastic. I don't think glossy obeche was available in the refresh cars, so dark ash may be your only factory option.

The interior dash trim pieces have not changed from 2012 until now to my knowledge. You should be able to swap out or trade. Personally, I hated the current figured ash trim I got in my 2019 and swapped it out for Carbon Fiber. Someone on these forums wanted my figured ash and I sold it to him.

Pics below.

B31D3A44-D267-4BF1-A83B-74041DA1D679.jpeg C81CC735-A46A-4139-B83B-022FAF2E6EC9.jpeg EADD4E7E-CF52-4F24-A5CB-BC5581B469F9.jpeg

The interior dash trim pieces have not changed from 2012 until now to my knowledge. You should be able to swap out or trade. Personally, I hated the current figured ash trim I got in my 2019 and swapped it out for Carbon Fiber. Someone on these forums wanted my figured ash and I sold it to him.

Pics below.

View attachment 513269 View attachment 513270 View attachment 513271
Thanks - I love the CF myself. Ironically she likes the CF steering wheel mods.. so, hope springs eternal for console ;)