Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Long Range Plus Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t specifically know whether Monroney will be updated. I only heard that from other sources on TMC.

My question to the SC was specific to 390 mile range and LR+ designation. When they told me an update is coming, I then asked them to confirm whether my car had the specific hardware necessary to get the the 390 mile rated range and designation. And they responded “yes”.

Combined with the fact that there are at least a couple more instances of MX LR+ delivered as LR, and subsequently getting the LR+ and added rated range once 2020.8.1.1 was installed, I have reason to believe that the same will occur for MS of similar config, serial, and build date as mine, once the right software is released. And when that happens is subject to whatever Tesla’s release and certification schedule is.

I only wish Tesla was more clear about expectations and schedule at delivery. It would have prevented a whole lot of angst.
I agree. My sales guy again confirmed that Monroney will be updated once it’s updated to LR+. Anyways we are picking it up tonight ... excited to be part of Tesla family. Hopefully it’ll be a good experience overall.

Mine went straight from the dealer to a shop for PPF and tint last Sunday, so I don't have some of the details...will update when I get the car back.

1. Order date: 2/7/20
- Didn't even think about calling to ensure I got the extended range and whatever else comes with LR+... I assumed it would all be included by the time I got the car. Kicking myself now, but still hoping I get the goodies. The LR+ is the same price I paid for LR... c'mon Musk, do the right thing.
- FWIW, the wireless phone charger came with the car and the delivery guy said it's now standard on all MS's (I don't believe it was when placed the order). It looks like they just installed the aftermarket charger (takes up a USB port, not hardwired), but maybe an indicator I'll get the LR+ treatment?

2. Delivery date: 3/8/20
3. MVOA: LR
4. MCU: <will update when I get the car back>
5. Monroney sticker: LR
6. VIN: 378xxx
7. Battery version E or F: <will update>
8. SW version: 2019.35.108
9. Max. range: <will update>
10. Battery serial: <will update>

Update:
Got the car back from the PPF and tint shop.
4. MCU: LR
7: Battery version: F
9. Max range: I can't get it to show me the max range. Battery is currently at 174 and charging, graphic appears to be half full (or half empty ;) )
10. Batt. serial: T20B0371480

SW still shows 2019.35.108 (v10.1) and says I'm current.

An update: I noticed this evening on TeslaFi that 2 Model S LR+ picked up an update to 2020.12. And upon looking at my Tesla app, the 2020.12 has been downloaded, and was pending install.

Alas, after the install, no significant change to rated range or model name on the MCU. So the wait continues.

Talked to my mobile service rep. He said my car will go as far as it is supposed to go, it just doesn't say it will. He also said that for the new hardware installed in my car the 2019.35.108 is the latest, as the car reports. He said a firmware update will come out soon that will fix it and give me the FSD preview.

• Informative
Reactions: sdmack
Well, a pleasant surprise this morning. 2020.12 got installed a couple days ago, with no effect on rated range or the model designation on the MCU. This morning, the MCU had changed to “Long Range Plus”, and rated range at 100% is now 391, as shown on the charging slider on the app. Definitely was not that yesterday. I’m now charging to 80% and we’ll see what the 80% rated range will be...

Order date 1/23/20, revised to LR+ on 2/13/20
Delivery Date 3/6/20
MVOA = LR+
MCU = was LR, now LR+
Monroney = LR
VIN = 381xxx
Battery version = F
SW version = was 2019.35.108, now 2020.12
Max range = was 373, now 391
Battery serial #T20B0372520

Attachments

• 8C6F5AC1-54DD-40E4-8FD0-13E0261324D0.jpeg
    8C6F5AC1-54DD-40E4-8FD0-13E0261324D0.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Reactions: Aleks0404
I have a MS built in Nov. 2019, delivered Dec. 2019 with an F battery. I downloaded update 2020.8.1 early last week with no range change. Suddenly today my charge slider shows a max range of 388 mi and my car is now designated as a Long Range Plus. I am posting because I have not seen any other pres-2020 built receiving the range upgrade.