Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S lowers itself after park? How long it takes to get a lower bumper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model S Long Range that is only one week old. Experienced a similar situation as others on this thread. Parked the car with the sensors showing me that I had 15 inches of space. Went inside for 5 mins and when I went to leave, there was a terrible scrapping noise as my front end dragged off the parking curb. I even felt the front slide slide down off of the parking curb, so it wasn't a small difference in height due to the tires cooling off. The suspension lowered after parking. Bottom of my front end is scrapped to heck, but thankfully the visible upper bumper wasn't mangled.
My model S plaid did the same thing and destroyed the front fascia. I'm curious to know if Tesla took responsibility for this as a software issue?

There is no reason to pull the front of your car over a concrete parking curb. Not doing so solves this problem ( I learned this the same way everyone else here did ). Our cars are short compared to the massive pickup trucks all around us. This is why the standard practice at high end dealerships is to back in to a parking spot.

This a very irritating feature. My garage has a slope, when exiting to the driveway, that is steep enough to scrape the center of the undercarriage when backing out. This doesn't happen when pulling in, because the end of my driveway has a slight bump, and I have it set to auto raise to max height as I approach my driveway. Since I do not exceed 15 MPH in my driveway, the height should be max when I leave. Not true. My car will RANDOMLY reset to medium height over night. The first few times it happened I thought it was sand in the brakes or the Tesla mud flaps I installed (It BARELY scrapes). Eventually I figured it out. Now I have to check my suspension every morning. Sometimes I have to raise it, sometimes I do not.

This a very irritating feature. My garage has a slope, when exiting to the driveway, that is steep enough to scrape the center of the undercarriage when backing out. This doesn't happen when pulling in, because the end of my driveway has a slight bump, and I have it set to auto raise to max height as I approach my driveway. Since I do not exceed 15 MPH in my driveway, the height should be max when I leave. Not true. My car will RANDOMLY reset to medium height over night. The first few times it happened I thought it was sand in the brakes or the Tesla mud flaps I installed (It BARELY scrapes). Eventually I figured it out. Now I have to check my suspension every morning. Sometimes I have to raise it, sometimes I do not.
How long is your driveway? Since you have auto raise to max as you approach your driveway, what if you create an additional raise to max in your garage?

The parking bumper will push your fascia upwards slightly. When you back out or pull out the edge of fascia catches on the edge of the parking number, sometimes it's barely noticable. Sometimes the rebar holding the bumper in place will be sticking up just enough to catch the edge. The plastic push pins will drop down or fall out which allows sagging.

How long is your driveway? Since you have auto raise to max as you approach your driveway, what if you create an additional raise to max in your garage?
My driveway is 160' long, but I cannot figure out to get it to save auto raise in the garage. Since the vehicle is already at max height, and currently in a saved raised state, it does not give me the option of saving it twice when returning home. Then in the morning, when I manually raise it from the garage I also do not see an option to save that location.

My driveway is 160' long, but I cannot figure out to get it to save auto raise in the garage. Since the vehicle is already at max height, and currently in a saved raised state, it does not give me the option of saving it twice when returning home. Then in the morning, when I manually raise it from the garage I also do not see an option to save that location.
Try this, after you pass the slight bump on your driveway, lower the car to standard then when you're in the garage set it to max.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnselmDante