Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody managed to get a Model Y loaner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning

My MYLR front motor inverter has failed and it’s been towed to Park Royal.
I was offered a M3 standard+ loaner after a day waiting and went up there to collect it.
Didn’t notice anything inside but getting back into it after it’s been parked it stinks of cigarette smoke and is filthy in parts. I reported this on the app.
The due in date for the inverter keeps being put back and I’m going from London to Yorkshire next weekend and we won’t fit the M3 and it won’t do the distance from Ferrybridge charger to my parents house and back. It also charges really slowly and has a sub 200 mile effective range.
Park Royal say they only have M3s on their loaner fleet, I’ve seen a sign written MY at Gatwick, Tesla say despite it saying it’s a Courtesy Car it’s actually the mobile technicians car.

Has anyone managed to get a Model Y or X loaner?

Afraid I can't help with this, although i'm sure I was offered a Y at Leeds. However please ensure you have read the insurance cover fully. Appreciate you may have it insured on your own policy. I was offered 3rd party only and I think a 1500 pound excess.

I'm generally happy with whatever complimentary loaner Tesla can give out, out of the convenience.
Otherwise, can you maybe claim through your car insurance / breakdown cover (if you took the option) that generally includes a hire car of the same category as yours if you need something bigger?