Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S LR v i4 M50?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the M3P is the better comparison to the i4 M50 but given current pricing the Model S is actually a better comparison price wise so I am currently planning on picking one of these up. I’ve driven both. Did anyone cross shop these two cars?

My take is that the BMW drives better in terms of steering feel and suspension and it’s plenty fast. The primary drawback for me is the range - looks like a real world 260 to 270 versus 350 to 375. 98 percent of the time I won’t need the range so should I pick the better drivers car? It goes without saying that the BMW has an interior that is light years ahead. The S is bigger and more comfortable but the extra space isn’t really a factor. The S looks better to me. Just a gorgeous car.

I know this is a Tesla forum but I’d be interested in others’ thoughts on these two. I’m actually pretty torn. The Model S feels like a superior EV but the BMW feels like a real drivers car.

Last edited: