Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S not auto opening and requiring authentication with FOB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After taking the car to the service center, the door handles don't auto present themselves and I'll have to double tap the FOB to get the car to start, this wasn't happening prior to taking it into the service center, the settings seem to be the same as far as I can tell

After taking the car to the service center, the door handles don't auto present themselves and I'll have to double tap the FOB to get the car to start, this wasn't happening prior to taking it into the service center, the settings seem to be the same as far as I can tell

Search is your friend!

Service Center disabled the Passive Entry feature.

Make sure to enable it in:
Controls -> Safety -> Passive Entry

• Helpful
Reactions: David29
I found this thread when I was having similar issues after having my car at the service center and body shop for 4 weeks (long story, told elsewhere). I rebooted the MCU 2 or 3 times, which cleared up the message requiring authentication (as well as some window issues). But it did not solve the auto present handles. So I replaced the batteries in both key fobs --there was no message telling me to do so, but I guessed the batteries were over a year old and that a failing battery might be too weak to actuate the door locks.
Then I found this thread, changed the setting for Passive Entry, and Problem Solved!