Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S (P90D) sat idle for three weeks. This is how I found it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

As title suggests, I left my car parked for three weeks (20 nights) and just found it like you can see in my video:

It’s the first time I leave it untouched for such a time. The car is still in “Very High” air suspension setting, as I left it. The car is not lowered, all suspension etc is stock — Is it normal that the car drops THIS low (auto leveling)?

Thanks!

This is the way most air suspension cars used to settle into after time. Citroens would do it overnight. You probably don't want the compressor to turn on to keep in High, and there is no harm unless it does not come back up when "started up". If there are no errors and everything is fine once you start, you may have a very slow leak. If it settles down like this overnight, I would have it checked. Three weeks, I probably would put any action off, particularly if there are no errors.

Reactions: henderrj and SEKS
This is the way most air suspension cars used to settle into after time. Citroens would do it overnight. You probably don't want the compressor to turn on to keep in High, and there is no harm unless it does not come back up when "started up". If there are no errors and everything is fine once you start, you may have a very slow leak. If it settles down like this overnight, I would have it checked. Three weeks, I probably would put any action off, particularly if there are no errors.
Thanks Dave :)
I haven’t touched the car yet, but will now take it for a quick spin to see if it will come up again (and if there’s any errors).

update on the matter:

The moment I got in the car, the compressor turned on, and pumped up the rear air suspension to “very high”; as that was the setting I left the car in three weeks ago.

As to WHY just the rear sagged, my theory is:

Car was parked on a hill (nose facing down the hill). So to “level” the car, it dropped the rear.. Not sure if that’s plausible, so anyone who can debunk or confirm this, please do.

Reactions: DerbyDave