Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have PPF on that area and still got a deep scratch. How are you describing doing it? Yours never rip - especially in the Winter?

The RPM Tesla ones are on Amazon too? I could not find them, but did see what look like same ones.
I have not had any deep scratching....just a bit of abrasion on the PPF. Yes, if it is super cold and I hit an ice chunk they have cracked (one) last winter. They are not the best I have ever owned but they are quite effective and they don't scrape the ground like the OEM ones.

The biggest negative of those is they will scratch the paint. They also won’t last that long as will eventually crack or break off. If they did not scratch the paint I could deal with them as the do provide good cover. Scratching the paint just annoys me and now I wish I never had them, as will have to find a place to repair the scratches. The rears especially seem to dig into the paint.
I had almost identical ones on Model 3 and X and they held up fine.

Biggest negative is those stupid clips. They don’t hold rigidly. If they are moving around the will eat at the paint. That’s why I put the screw. These are not budging. I could have put some PPF. Maybe I will, but I’ve never had an issue. Similar flaps on previous cars too.

OEM can do the same. But they were on very good. They didn’t move. And it was pristine where they contacted the paint.

I do have PPF on that area and still got a deep scratch. How are you describing doing it? Yours never rip - especially in the Winter?

The RPM Tesla ones are on Amazon too? I could not find them, but did see what look like same ones.
Don’t use the clips. They don’t hold and cause trouble.

They are not on Amazon. I bought them direct from RPM Tesla. If you look very close they are not the same.

Are they much better than BASENOR? Don't know, but after the first batch I would not touch BASENOR again. Also read the Amazon reviews carefully. Filter to Model S only. Rating is crap. They probably average 2.5 stars on Model S.

Last edited:
Reactions: Proppilot
I had almost identical ones on Model 3 and X and they held up fine.

Biggest negative is those stupid clips. They don’t hold rigidly. If they are moving around the will eat at the paint. That’s why I put the screw. These are not budging. I could have put some PPF. Maybe I will, but I’ve never had an issue. Similar flaps on previous cars too.

OEM can do the same. But they were on very good. They didn’t move. And it was pristine where they contacted the paint.
So, if you are not using the clips what do you do use? Actually screw them in? That would be a pain to take off when they tear up in the winter.

No, I have the ones from Amazon which were the original ones developed by a member of the forums with feedback from members to get the fit just right. I see now that there are other replica's available including RPM Tesla's. They all look the same now. My first pair was from BestEVMod on Amazon and were great until frozen and I backed into an ice chunk and it cracked. Second set is Basenor and into the second winter no problem.

So, if you are not using the clips what do you do use? Actually screw them in? That would be a pain to take off when they tear up in the winter.
They come off WAY easier than those damn clips. One screw is stronger than 2 clips too.

I have brutal winters living on a 1 mile dirt road in central NH and have never torn up any flap. Mud is brutal in spring. Even the OEM one help together (with 1” off).

No, I have the ones from Amazon which were the original ones developed by a member of the forums with feedback from members to get the fit just right. I see now that there are other replica's available including RPM Tesla's. They all look the same now. My first pair was from BestEVMod on Amazon and were great until frozen and I backed into an ice chunk and it cracked. Second set is Basenor and into the second winter no problem.
They all look similar but are not the same. I bought ones from the member here and fit was so bad I returned them. They were bought through Amazon.

Reactions: Proppilot