Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mold hard abs plastic still protrudes down which concerns me but glad it’s been working out for you. I think if you have to mod the oem part, it’s flawed and badly designed.
I thought the same before I got them.

People have different needs.

It’s not that hard an abs. Very similar to most molded flaps. It’s just that you need it low if you want protection. And the worst flaw is the rivets were weak.

Much nicer looking than any “Rand McNally” style rubber FLAP that you see on trucks.

So replaced my OEM mud guard that got borked on a speed bump. Discovered that when it departed the car, it marked up the underside HV pack and rocker panel pretty good.

I guess I should have fixed the missing rivet sooner...and used stronger rivets.

I think they are too hard to flex even a little bit. I went through one pothole at less than 5mph and they ripped right off!

I’m just going to rely on my ppf all along the rockers and lower part of the doors

I had the OEM fronts and they did a good job until I ripped one off driving in a field. I have PPF on it and it has protected extremely well in the absence of the flaps. I have just replaced them. I do avoid gravel roads when possible so it might be different if I drove gravel often.

Reactions: jebinc
I had the OEM fronts and they did a good job until I ripped one off driving in a field. I have PPF on it and it has protected extremely well in the absence of the flaps. I have just replaced them. I do avoid gravel roads when possible so it might be different if I drove gravel often.
Have you considered getting a tractor!

I hear Lamborghini is really good at tractors :)

They are fairly inexpensive and do an excellent job. I made it through all of last winter and until last week when I took a rear one out backing into a block of ice on the road that I thought was just snow. They are not total junk. A better material would make it a better product for sure that was more flexible when frozen.

Reactions: jebinc
They are fairly inexpensive and do an excellent job. I made it through all of last winter and until last week when I took a rear one out backing into a block of ice on the road that I thought was just snow. They are not total junk. A better material would make it a better product for sure that was more flexible when frozen.
Sometimes it’s better that they are not too rugged ;)

I moved to a home on a dirt road in N.H. Lot of mud and the OEM flaps were not cutting it. I’m not sure anything can tbh.

But I decided to try the ones from RPM Tesla

They fit 10x better than the other 3rd party ones I tried.

I absolutely hate the metal clips on any of these. I used 1 screw in place of the clips. It’s on nice and solid.

I don’t expect them to scrape speed bumps any worse than OEM with 1” cut off. They are about that same height off the ground.

I only have the front on and may add the back in the spring.

They look nicer and I think they only have slightly better coverage than OEM

OEM ones did stay on solid. But boy one was really loaded with a pound of sand. Had to bust 3 out of 4 rivers to get them off. No damage to paint under them with no PPF. And rockers have no pits. So they did their job. Just want to reduce mud making its way up the side of the car. My drivers window had mud on it :(

53493382423_1ab0972189_b_d.jpg

53493382383_a61de9cdf0_b_d.jpg

Reactions: NeuroRad
I moved to a home on a dirt road in N.H. Lot of mud and the OEM flaps were not cutting it. I’m not sure anything can tbh.

But I decided to try the ones from RPM Tesla

They fit 10x better than the other 3rd party ones I tried.

I absolutely hate the metal clips on any of these. I used 1 screw in place of the clips. It’s on nice and solid.

I don’t expect them to scrape speed bumps any worse than OEM with 1” cut off. They are about that same height off the ground.

I only have the front on and may add the back in the spring.

They look nicer and I think they only have slightly better coverage than OEM

OEM ones did stay on solid. But boy one was really loaded with a pound of sand. Had to bust 3 out of 4 rivers to get them off. No damage to paint under them with no PPF. And rockers have no pits. So they did their job. Just want to reduce mud making its way up the side of the car. My drivers window had mud on it :(
The biggest negative of those is they will scratch the paint. They also won’t last that long as will eventually crack or break off. If they did not scratch the paint I could deal with them as the do provide good cover. Scratching the paint just annoys me and now I wish I never had them, as will have to find a place to repair the scratches. The rears especially seem to dig into the paint.