Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we simply get one of our friends up north there in Canada to purchase and ship us the Tesla mud flaps that apparently we are not allowed to purchase in the US?... https://shop.tesla.com/en_ca/product/model-s-mud-flaps
Elon, seriously, why have you forsaken us in these United States? We have beautiful Model S's to protect.
Interesting... Those are only the front ones anyways, I'd want all 4. But weird that they're only available in Canada,..

But seriously, if someone in Canada will purchase these for $50 and ship them to me in the US I'll pay you $200.
I ordered a front set to supplement rear ones that are being custom made on this thread.

I can try ordering a few more sets, and if they allow, can ship down to you folks in the US if anyone wants. It’s rare they have stuff for Canada but not the US.

Reactions: DBV1 and deadwynter
I ordered a front set to supplement rear ones that are being custom made on this thread.

I can try ordering a few more sets, and if they allow, can ship down to you folks in the US if anyone wants. It’s rare they have stuff for Canada but not the US.
I'm still going to order my full set from @M4H4X , because I might like them better than Tesla's design... But I also want the Tesla set to compare and maybe do the same you're doing!

I'm sure they'll be available in the US soon enough, maybe they prioritized Canada due to harsher winters and salt usage?

Got some good news guys, with the new milling method ill be able to produce 15 sets of flaps with each batch versus 10, also means the costs will be coming down slightly. I'll have more details soon.

(Also means batch #3 will most likely be able to cut 30 sets at once, which should catch us up with demand finally.)

(Edit: I will still only be able to initially ship the first 10 batches because I only have hardware for 10 but I will get more hardware on the way shortly.)

Last edited:
sorry maybe I missed something posted earlier in this huge thread. The mud flaps appear to be available for Tesla model S refresh in the Tesla store. It's hard to tell if they are only specific to the front wheel wells or will also work with the rear wheel wells. It does say compatible with Model S vehicles produced in 2021+

sorry maybe I missed something posted earlier in this huge thread. The mud flaps appear to be available for Tesla model S refresh in the Tesla store. It's hard to tell if they are only specific to the front wheel wells or will also work with the rear wheel wells. It does say compatible with Model S vehicles produced in 2021+

I should have read in greater detail. for the front wheels only....

I am looking forward to @M4H4X set than the Tesla ones. Usually custom made ones have put much more thought than the mass produced ones.

But for time being, front coverage is better than nothing.

My set was designed for maximum coverage front and rear. I measured the rock deflection patterns and angles off of the tires (with strings and math) to determine the optimal width and length front and rear. I'm sure Tesla knows what they are doing as well, but that's what I did.

Milestone tonight.

First milled flap.

PXL_20220113_090852413.jpg

No rough cutting, no scoring, no scroll cutting, no drilling, no sanding. Just push a button and out comes a flap. Perfect every time.

PXL_20220113_093935683.jpg

Edge is almost perfect, I have some better bits coming tomorrow that should square up this edge (test cut with a milling bit).

Next batch will be cut Fri/Sat, shipping early to mid next week. Be on the lookout for DM's.

Also: I'll have a firm commitment for how many additional people beyond the 10 I committed to a few posts above I can squeeze into this batch later this week.

Everyone else who is on the list or has requested to be, I will have you added early next week to the list here.

My online tool should launch mid to late next week as well. There you will be able to request a set of flaps and track your fulfillment/shipping status (it will all tie in to your Teslamotorsclub handle for now. Still going to handle payment privately through DM for now.)

Edit: Everyone who is currently on the list or has requested to be on here and in my DMs will be automatically enrolled on the ordering site/tracking tool so no need to sign up until I state that I will no longer take sign ups on the forums.

Last edited: