Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S rubber floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Delivery date for the new car is looming, so I'm researching and purchasing these last-minute must-have accessories.

Rubber floor mats are a must for me due to work (50/50 split between office and site...site often being a wet and muddy field).

Does anybody else use rubber floor mats, and, if so, can you recommend a supplier?

Thanks.

I bought Tesla rubber mats - front and rear, but not trunk - from Tesla. They seem to be the same product as WeatherTec - but with the Tesla logo. Same price, same laser cut size. When I was ordering, there was some "product -availability" issue and I had to wait weeks to get my set. Getting the rear mat installed is a pain - tucks under the chair rails. But the protection is first rate.

I've bought WeatherTech stuff for my last three vehicles and have been quite happy with them. On my Tesla, I would have been willing to pay a tad bit more for the logo - but did not need to. Tesla got their inventory before WeatherTech could build one for me without the logo.

Mine seems to have a habit of warping into the wheel well - leaving a 2" gap along the door sill. I pull them out to clean, and set them in the sun with a heavy rock flattening the edge back into shape. Doing this about twice/year.

I bought a different rubber mat for the trunk. Think it was an Evanex product. It has a pattern of penny sized dimples that collects muck better, and it is more flexible for better access to the rear most foot well. I like it better than the heavier WeatherTech option.

purchasing these last-minute must-have accessories.

My list would include:

CHAdeMO charging adaptor (although as Supercharger network increases less important

High quality extension lead - so I can charge off 13MP when staying for weekend at Friends without anything melting!

I put a Commando socket ont he outside of the house at the same time as installing Wall Charger - intended for visiting EVs (none yet) I have used it when something broke on the Wall Charger. I also had an external 13AMP socket fitted - for washing/cleaning car etc.[/QUOTE]

When I put in the 14-50 socket, I also ran a 20 amp 120v utility box.
I installed a hook for my charger cable - a nice Tesla one that holds the charging handle just so.
I added a WiFi range extender to the garage wall so the car can talk to the mother ship.
I also applied c-Quartz to my car...so I got soft water hose, foam cannon, two bucket, microfiber cloth.
I applied a piece of white tape to my garage floor so I can see (in rear camera) if I have entered far enough to miss the garage door.
I bought a set of headliner sun screens. The desert sun will melt your skull. [You may not even know what a shining sun looks like] .
And I joined a local Tesla club - so I can poach their ideas and contribute mine.

I have not ever needed a Chademo - but could borrow one from the club. Only once did I wish I had an extension cord...and found a way around it with just a tad bit of thinking. The club also has an array of adapters. I was thinking of buying my own inventory, but have yet to need one.
Good luck!!

Last edited:
My list would include:

CHAdeMO charging adaptor (although as Supercharger network increases less important

High quality extension lead - so I can charge off 13MP when staying for weekend at Friends without anything melting!

I put a Commando socket ont he outside of the house at the same time as installing Wall Charger - intended for visiting EVs (none yet) I have used it when something broke on the Wall Charger. I also had an external 13AMP socket fitted - for washing/cleaning car etc.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the thoughts.

I've considered a CHADeMO adaptor, but think I'll see how I get on without one for a bit...they're quite pricey. I'm quite fortunate in that I can charge at work and I have Superchargers on the majority of my regular routes.

Going to buy some additional cables and adaptors for 13A charging and various Euro trips though. Been looking at stuff from Xavelec...seems to be very good quality.

I bought Tesla rubber mats - front and rear, but not trunk - from Tesla. They seem to be the same product as WeatherTec - but with the Tesla logo. Same price, same laser cut size. When I was ordering, there was some "product -availability" issue and I had to wait weeks to get my set. Getting the rear mat installed is a pain - tucks under the chair rails. But the protection is first rate.

I've bought WeatherTech stuff for my last three vehicles and have been quite happy with them. On my Tesla, I would have been willing to pay a tad bit more for the logo - but did not need to. Tesla got their inventory before WeatherTech could build one for me without the logo.

Mine seems to have a habit of warping into the wheel well - leaving a 2" gap along the door sill. I pull them out to clean, and set them in the sun with a heavy rock flattening the edge back into shape. Doing this about twice/year./QUOTE]

Thanks, think I'll be going for the Tesla ones. Expensive, but quality looks good.