Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S sightings in Quebec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was sitting in my car waiting for someone on de la Commune yesterday. Saw a white Ford Fusion out of the corner of my eye and the front made me look. "Oooh, Tesla!, awwwww :(."

Little did I know the was a Red Model S right beside me, just slightly in my blind spot, and he took off and turning the corner, no time to wave, honk, photo or thumbs up. Oh well, I see one or two most days I go to Toronto.

I got the confirmation that the loaners arrived. Better than the Dodge SX2.0, Dodge Caravan and the Dodge Charger that I got when I had to go for a repair. Super service from the Enterprise guys but far from Elon's promise.

Pat,

I spoke to Greg today and he told me they don't have ANY loaners anymore. Even the 60 was sold to someone... :( :(

edit: I should mention that he says he never received the 85/P85 or P85+... he also told me he has no ETA on when the new loaners are arriving.

Last edited:
Zax,

I was just at the service center today to get some carbon grey paint for my scuffed rim :)scared: :cursing: :crying:), and asked about the loaners.

Apparently none were sold. The "new" loaners turned out to be registered as american vehicles, and the SAAQ refused to let them be registered in Quebec, so they were sent back to Tesla HQ.

The 60kWh loaner is still there but not in use given that it's odometer has close to 10K km. If it goes above 10K, it is no longer eligible for the $8K provincial rebate upon sale, thus it is relegated to the garage until sold.

New loaners are "in the works", but no clue as to any ETA.

As an aside, the Tesla touch-up paint pens are the same type as used by Toyota (with the hard removable sponge tip), and they pretty much suck...

Zax,

I was just at the service center today to get some carbon grey paint for my scuffed rim :)scared: :cursing: :crying:), and asked about the loaners.

Apparently none were sold. The "new" loaners turned out to be registered as american vehicles, and the SAAQ refused to let them be registered in Quebec, so they were sent back to Tesla HQ.

The 60kWh loaner is still there but not in use given that it's odometer has close to 10K km. If it goes above 10K, it is no longer eligible for the $8K provincial rebate upon sale, thus it is relegated to the garage until sold.

New loaners are "in the works", but no clue as to any ETA.

As an aside, the Tesla touch-up paint pens are the same type as used by Toyota (with the hard removable sponge tip), and they pretty much suck...

Thanks for the update Jeeps!

It actually sounds plausible that TM made US-version Model S's and sent them as demos. There are slight differences with the Canadian versions -- a couple warning stickers and a better immobilizer.

I hear you about the touch-up paint pens. That's one reason I'm getting my car Opti-Coated today in Granby. The results I've seen on forums here and elsewhere are amazing, I can't wait. I'm also having them remove my Paint Armor because I'm really not satisfied with it...

If anyone gets word of the new loaners landing, please let me know, I have a couple things pending to get tweaked on my car but I really want to try the P85+. :)

Hi Zax,

Sorry for the late reply, was out road-tripping with the family (in the S, of course) over the last few weeks.

Please follow-up with your impressions after your car got opti-coated (I would also be curious about approximate cost and where you got it done - we go in the Bromont / Granby area very often). The reviews I've seen are good, but I think I still prefer a physical extra layer (like the paint armor) given the projectile abrasives used in winter.

I live in Knowlton Qc,not a large town but there are 5 Teslas here and mine will be # 6.
There is a public HPWC at 100 amps located in Knowlton available 24/7 that is compliments of a local buisness
cheers

Wow, that's impressive that there are 6 Ses in Knowlton!

My whole family lives in the townships, I grew up visiting there all the time -- Knowlton, Brome, Sutton. I was at the Knowlton Players show of "Peter Pan" earlier this winter with my S. Where is the public charger? I could have used it. :)

My whole family lives in the townships, I grew up visiting there all the time -- Knowlton, Brome, Sutton. I was at the Knowlton Players show of "Peter Pan" earlier this winter with my S. Where is the public charger? I could have used it. :)

No doubt it is this 80A HPWC: Stove and Garden | Knowlton, QC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

You're not alone in frequently visiting the area, so a local Supercharger is probably warranted. Magog, at the intersection of A10 and A55 (the extension of I-91) is probably the best spot. It would be 130 km from the Montreal Center, 100 km from the Drummondville Supercharger under construction, and 200 km from the planned Supercharger in White River JCT, VT or West Lebanon, NH.

No doubt it is this 80A HPWC: Stove and Garden | Knowlton, QC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

You're not alone in frequently visiting the area, so a local Supercharger is probably warranted. Magog, at the intersection of A10 and A55 (the extension of I-91) is probably the best spot. It would be 130 km from the Montreal Center, 100 km from the Drummondville Supercharger under construction, and 200 km from the planned Supercharger in White River JCT, VT or West Lebanon, NH.

I agree about the Supercharger needed in the townships. I usually get off the 10 at exit 74, so Magog would be a bit far for me, but it would be great for heading to Sherbrooke.

The HPWC has just been installed a few days ago and is located at 591 Knowlton Rd. Knowlton Qc . 80 amps available. Compliments of a local buisness Stove & Garden