Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Window lowered itself in the rain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a few older posts about this with Model 3's. I'm wondering if anyone here has been able to troubleshoot this issue.

When I went into work today, it was lightly raining, and I know my windows were up. When I returned to my car, the front passenger window was fully rolled down. There was some water in on the inside of the passenger door and seat but not nearly enough to suggest the window had been down all day.

This is obviously a concern for water damage as well as security.

I had this happen once, about a month after I got my S. I parked at a supercharger and it was raining, and when I came back out, one of the rear windows was down. It has never happened again since. After doing some research on here I came up with the idea that my left knee must have hit the switch on the door.

Had this exact issue Saturday morning, came out to the car in freezing temperature and the front passenger window was rolled down. It didn't seem it had been down all night. I did pre-heat the cabin prior to going out.

S 90D from 12/2015