Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S75 AP2.5 FSD - 2019.32.11 - no Cuphead, Karioki, NetFlix???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Nov 2014 S that is getting a warranty MCU and LTE modem. I had a 3G modem, which is what was wrong with the car. Not clear on why they are replacing the MCU. I assume I'm getting a newer one, does anyone know if I'll have what I need for Netflix/Hulu?
You'll need MCU2 for all those goodies, but they haven't done a retrofit for anyone yet. Therefore you'll be getting a (likely remanufactured) MCU1 (but will probably be upgraded from 3G to LTE).

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
You'll need MCU2 for all those goodies, but they haven't done a retrofit for anyone yet. Therefore you'll be getting a (likely remanufactured) MCU1 (but will probably be upgraded from 3G to LTE).

Not done it yet, too bad, I was thinking I'd offer to pay the difference if they were putting a MCU1 in

I know I'll be getting the LTE modem, but I have no idea why they are replacing the MCU, they said the modem was the problem. I was hoping the two (LTE and MCU2) went together.

The loaner they gave me has Hulu in it, I really like that while waiting for and then using the supercharger. I went though SLO on Saturday, maybe half hour line, half hour charge, watched a football game.

They just now said not possible. My question was if I'm getting a MCU1 can I pay whatever the difference and get a MCU2? The MCU1 is on backorder, it's been a week. They gave me a loaner car, so I don't care, but I thought the time was ripe. The exact answer was, "Unfortunately we are unable to do the upgrade. It will be the one designed for your vehicle". Oh, well.