Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S75D Range - More than 259 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have purchased pre-owned tesla sep 2018 s75d model from non-tesla showroom.
24K miles
when I charge 90% , I see 259-260 miles and for 100% and I see the range 290-299 miles. I am not sure why I see more miles on my tesla model s 75D
I don't know my previous car owner has upgraded the battery? I am not sure it is even possible to upgrade battery on 75D?
Could it be a bug?

I don't like to reach out to tesla support as they might reduce the range.

Check the settings and make sure it is not set to display Ideal Miles and not Rated miles. If I recall, rated miles will be about 80% or ideal miles, which would suggest your rated range at 100% would be about 235-240 miles, which sounds more in line with a 75D.

Reactions: Cheburashka
Check the settings and make sure it is not set to display Ideal Miles and not Rated miles. If I recall, rated miles will be about 80% or ideal miles, which would suggest your rated range at 100% would be about 235-240 miles, which sounds more in line with a 75D.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 9.00.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 9.00.03 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 517
@rasa.sri00 - You are not able to check via the phone app whether the range is shown in Rated Miles or Ideal Miles. This is a setting you'll need to confirm in the actual car. On the main screen go to Controls and then I believe the Display page. You should see option for energy which will allow you to set to be displayed as percent versus miles and then I believe Rated Range versus Ideal Range.