Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2023 front door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the USS on my 2016 X, and the doors have been fighting me like this for about the last month. VERY obnoxious. Now the driver's door has a mechanical noise like a fingernail on a zipper, and it is only "sometimes" successful in fighting me. So this is doubly obnoxious, b/c I'm SURE they are going to try and make me pay for whatever happened on their stupid system that they screwed with.

God I wish it just had normal doors. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel on EVERYTHING.

Upvote 0
I just picked up my X ( Late September build ) and it's correct, it only opens a few inches before it stops and you need to push a little hard against the motor to open it. I wish that maybe the software is active and listening so if it feels its being pushed to assist with it. Kind of like the E-Bikes with pedaling to make it easier to at least open physically.

Upvote 0
Yes it IS a bug - because the behavior is not desirable and has been changed to be worse than before.

The only way they will learn is by people complaining at them about this.

I should mention though that getting them to actually LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMER may be an exercise in sadness. Is there a list somewhere of communication methods that they actually read and reply to? Other than the usual half-baked lies from the service messaging, I don't know of any. Anyone got any feature-request or this-isn't-working-the-way-you-thought type of email addresses to send to?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it IS a bug - because the behavior is not desirable and has been changed to be worse than before.

The only way they will learn is by people complaining at them about this.

I should mention though that getting them to actually LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMER may be an exercise in sadness. Is there a list somewhere of communication methods that they actually read and reply to? Other than the usual half-baked lies from the service messaging, I don't know of any. Anyone got any feature-request or this-isn't-working-the-way-you-thought type of email addresses to send to?
voice command>bug report>dictate your issue and send.

Upvote 0