Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X heater stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a Tesla tech came out to replace the passenger front wheelwell "garnish" (paid) and upgrade of FSD cameras (free).

Drove to a client's office..... heat is out again... light burnt smell.. just like before. Going back in next week to get looked at.

At least parts have a 12 month warranty--it's only been 4 months.

How's your all repairs holding up?

-m

Upvote 0
As written before... Tesla software is destroying this. "Every" year they bring a software that's killing the elements. 2 months with cold weather. 1 update and a cold day later, tesla blames then climate. While people on older software don't have the problem. Often a software update every 3 day after the catastrophic update.. I wish we could turn off updates they often make the cars worse these days.

Upvote 0
I had my PTC heater (and fuse replaced) in early 2020 - also have a 2017 MX 100D - so mine lasted just over 2 years before it detonated. It was replaced under warranty at the time and the replacement unit (touch wood) has been fine since. The car now having covered almost 85K miles.

Upvote 0
On my second Model S - heater went in my 17 plate 75D replaced under warranty and also now gone in my 67 plate P100D unfortunately not under warranty and being quoted £1,205 to fix.
Question - does this issue have to be fixed by Tesla or could I take the vehicle to an independent garage to fix?

Upvote 0
On my second Model S - heater went in my 17 plate 75D replaced under warranty and also now gone in my 67 plate P100D unfortunately not under warranty and being quoted £1,205 to fix.
Question - does this issue have to be fixed by Tesla or could I take the vehicle to an independent garage to fix?
I’d speak to these guys and see what they quote.

Upvote 0
I hit the same issue with my Model X 2016. Took it in for diagnosis, after charging me about $300, the SC came back with another estimate of $1600 for replacing the PTC Heater and Fuse. I'm not sure if I want to go down the DIY route yet, any suggestions for a Seattle area shop that can do this for somewhat lesser price tag? Or any Seattle area Tesla DIY experts who can chip in to help me out here? TIA!

Upvote 0
I have the same issue, the front heater stopped working last Friday. I did some research (after Tesla quoted me the repair for 1700 euro on MARCH 15TH) and I share my plan with you:
1. Check first if the fuse is broken. If broken, then replace it. Fuse should be 14x51mm 40A 700V AC/DC; Tesla part code is 1019010-00-A
The BUSSMANN / EATON replacement costs 2 eur/pcs, you may need to by a pack of 10pcs (around 20euro), the code is here FWP-40A-14Fa
Position of the FUSEBOX (part number 1049678-00-H) that contain this Heater fuse is under windshield wipers - front trunk access.

Instructions to replace the fuse are attached here: Model X 2017 ptcHeater - Google Drive
and here:

2. If no heat is flowing after fuse is replaced then you need to replace the front cabin ptc Heater GEN3 (code 1060432-00-E)

instructions here:
and here:

Good luck!
Hi, can you pls reshare the document, I get a url not found error when I try this google drive link. TIA!

Upvote 0