Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X : Need help with Decision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who bought 2018/2019 model x , do you see any issues w.r.t falcon wing doors or anything you mind talking about. Also do you recommend taking extended warranty ?
On the FWD doors, we had two very minor issues. The rubber seals at the roof weren’t right and sometimes water would dump into the car when the FW doors opened. We also had an issue where after a year it was apparent the door was rubbing against the jamb and a small spot of paint was worn away. Service fixed both issues. The other problems we’ve had are a couple squeaks and rattles that developed over time. The middle row passenger seat was squeaking and they fixed that. Now I have a rattle coming from the front passenger speaker grille and have an appointment for that. Minor issues though, overall it is the best car ever. I don’t like driving anything else.

Reactions: TexasRat
Tesla has the best tech out there to drive and the X has the best front 2 seats to sit in. However, depending on your luck, this car has problems galore. It's ok while under warranty, but absolutely scared to think what can happen after that if you don't buy extended warranty.

Buy it if you are a lucky person, but if I had a choice now I would have waited for another 3-4 years before buying the X - hopefully they would have figured out all the kinks by then!

Good luck!
See that's interesting. For all the kinks that haven't been worked out, the car is just too good to not have NOW. I'll get another one if 3-4 years if it's that much more amazing, but I can't imagine life without my X ... no joke.

• Love
Reactions: Spelly88 and P85_DA
I guess it depends on your financial situation, but there is a big difference in my budget between spending $500-1000 for a phone and $80-100k for a car every few years. I suppose if you finance your phone through the provider and get a new one every couple of years so the payment stays the same, it is comparable to leasing a car and keeping the payments the same, but I'm a cash kinda person. I keep phones for 5 years and cars for 15+.
What I meant is not for OP to get new Tesla every few years. Rather, I was referring to a few posts taking about “future proof your tesla” by getting the 100D, or for better resale value. The smart phone analogy was trying to focus on how technology evolves, not on price. The smart phone / tablet market is very mature now. You don’t need to spend too dollars to get a good phone / tablet. This is not the case 8 years ago. I expect the same for EV. Before 2026 (when my 8-year battery warranty expires), I expect there will be better, cheaper ESUVs on the market, let it be Tesla, Rivian, or another brand. Our X will not worth much then due to aged hardware. Nobody will care if it’s 75D or 100D. The difference may just be 1-2k.

So my point is, choose what fits your need now, not for “future proof” (because you can’t), or for resale, just enjoy it!