Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my cameras replaced on Monday. When I go to my Safety Score, it still says vehicle is not eligible for FSD, when i click Learn more it says the cameras still need to be replaced. Do I need to reach out to anyone or just wait?

IMG_2040.PNG

Got my cameras replaced on Monday. When I go to my Safety Score, it still says vehicle is not eligible for FSD, when i click Learn more it says the cameras still need to be replaced. Do I need to reach out to anyone or just wait?

View attachment 876296
I had the exact same thing happened to me. I reached out to them finding out they replaced the incorrect part so another mobile tech came out again on different date and replaced the correct part for the same inline triple cam this time and the message went away in the SS not too long after. They recalibrated the cameras, at the same kicked me out of the beta queue and restarted my SS.

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352
I had the exact same thing happened to me. I reached out to them finding out they replaced the incorrect part so another mobile tech came out again on different date and replaced the correct part for the same inline triple cam this time and the message went away in the SS not too long after. They recalibrated the cameras, at the same kicked me out of the beta queue and restarted my SS.

Thanks for the info! I found this thread that shows the correct & incorrect parts. Looks like my left hand side camera is the wrong part.

oh boy..the problem comes back again.

My cameras first got upgraded beginning of this year. Obviously they were wrong.
In October..mobile service came home and replaced. I was getting "Auto pilot cameras not available" message.
In November...had to take the car to service center. They fixed the cameras again and I had FSD beta running on my car for few days.

Yesterday..I get the dreaded message "Auto pilot cameras not available" again.
I'm doomed I guess.

Hi @tslaEbay ,

The "auto pilot cameras not available" is different from
"Not FSD ready - need new cameras" or whatever it said...

The message you have now is a failure of one or more of the cameras.
Note the time it happened and open a service request for Tesla to
trouble shoot which camera(s) are failing... Their logs should show the failure.

Get them fixed...

Unfortunately when I got that message, it was because rodents had chewed
off the harness on one of the repeater cameras...
Another possibility which is unlikely due to your location is frost or fog inside
of the triple camera or inside of the pillar cameras...

Keep after them to get it fixed...

Shawn

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hi @tslaEbay ,

The "auto pilot cameras not available" is different from
"Not FSD ready - need new cameras" or whatever it said...

The message you have now is a failure of one or more of the cameras.
Note the time it happened and open a service request for Tesla to
trouble shoot which camera(s) are failing... Their logs should show the failure.

Get them fixed...

Unfortunately when I got that message, it was because rodents had chewed
off the harness on one of the repeater cameras...
Another possibility which is unlikely due to your location is frost or fog inside
of the triple camera or inside of the pillar cameras...

Keep after them to get it fixed...

Shawn
Rodents? wow.
Thanks @ShawnA.
I will check with them and see.

Rodents? wow.
Thanks @ShawnA.
I will check with them and see.
Hi @ShawnA...sorry for the false alarm.
Yesterday..I tried enabling the FSD beta even though the message "auto pilot cameras not available" was there.
Then it said "one of the side cameras is occluded".
I could not find anything major but anyways wiped off all the cameras with some cloth.
The FSD beta is back now. Luckily...I did not file a service request yet.

I received FSD 10.69.3.1 yesterday. I noticed several software issues. Can anyone confirm their x is working in regards to what I am seeing. 1) Wheel configuration does nothing. 2) Checking for software update does nothing. It is stuck on a date prior to my latest update and does not check for a more recent update. 3) FSD report button is no longer on the status bar.

I received FSD 10.69.3.1 yesterday. I noticed several software issues. Can anyone confirm their x is working in regards to what I am seeing. 1) Wheel collaboration does nothing. 2) Checking for software update does nothing. It is stuck on a date prior to my latest update and does not check for a more recent update. 3) FSD report button is no longer on the status bar.
Hi @rush6410 ,

Wheel calibration? I don’t know
Check software has been changed to work 1 time per day…
FSD report button is gone

Happy Thanksgiving,

Shawn

Reactions: rush6410
Hi @rush6410 ,

I just tried the Wheel Configuration...
It works for me.
On the new car it is exceptionally fast - 1 or 2 minutes...

Try Again?

Shawn

PS _ On the one software check per day...
It's actually one software check per 24 hours...
So if you checked yesterday at 3:00 PM,
Your check today has to be AFTER 3:00 PM... or it will show yesterday's data.

Not sure how I got Beta but it landed last night & got it installed. I had a 85 score. Used it for a 25 min drive tonight for a turkey dinner event post swapping in my 20’s for the winter.

Gotta be honest - it worked really well. Turned plenty well & safe, kept great distance, and while at first I was scared shitless, I was really really impressed!

Kids really enjoyed it too.

74CCB11A-8B29-4CD9-BD16-C79D14D74823.jpeg
6C3F76CC-DE54-4E70-A608-EED207B95E37.jpeg
B1E56555-73F8-460B-85CE-3D65B56BA502.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Shaz
Not sure how I got Beta but it landed last night & got it installed. I had a 85 score. Used it for a 25 min drive tonight for a turkey dinner event post swapping in my 20’s for the winter.

Gotta be honest - it worked really well. Turned plenty well & safe, kept great distance, and while at first I was scared shitless, I was really really impressed!

Kids really enjoyed it too.

View attachment 877913View attachment 877914View attachment 877915
They’re saying that “everyone” gets it today. That doesn’t include me yet. Hoping it does soon.

Hi @domodan ,

Your car in your signature looks good so there is (probably) no hardware problem.

Your software has to be LESS than 2022.36.20
If you are on 2022.40.anything you will have to wait for FSDb V11 which is supposed
to be out before the end of the year...

Puzzled,

Shawn

Edit - PS the current incarnation of V11 is 2022.40.5
So the release version should be a decimal version of that.

Hi @domodan ,

Your car in your signature looks good so there is (probably) no hardware problem.

Your software has to be LESS than 2022.36.20
If you are on 2022.40.anything you will have to wait for FSDb V11 which is supposed
to be out before the end of the year...

Puzzled,

Shawn

Edit - PS the current incarnation of V11 is 2022.40.5
So the release version should be a decimal version of that.
I have 2022.40.4.1. It’s a 2023 MX with FSD purchased. So no FSD for people running 2022.40.X.X?

Hi @domodan ,

The current V11 Beta is 2022.40.5
There will be additional decimal releases before a wide push...

You should be good to go, probably in December...

I tried the wide release of 2022.36.20 today...
It's the first time I have driven the new car on FSDb
and it is fabulous.........................
I cannot wait for another longer drive.

Hurry up and wait,

Shawn

• Love
Hi @domodan ,

The current V11 Beta is 2022.40.5
There will be additional decimal releases before a wide push...

You should be good to go, probably in December...

I tried the wide release of 2022.36.20 today...
It's the first time I have driven the new car on FSDb
and it is fabulous.........................
I cannot wait for another longer drive.

Hurry up and wait,

Shawn
Man I want it bad. Seriously excited for it.

• Love
Received my FSD a couple of days ago. LOVE IT! But doesn’t:
- follow no turn on red signs
- skips stop sign if it is at merging entrance at the end of a highway exit.
- stops mistakenly when there is a traffic red light nearby
@KidsEyeDr did you see any of these issues in your fsd?
In my regular driving, coincidentally I don’t have any of those issues except the opposite: at a semi-complicated intersection of three roads at odd angles with a train crossing as well, it doesn’t stop for the left turn red light.