Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is SOP for Tesla. They have internal goals and projects all the time. They, for obvious reasons, do not make this information public.

When you place your order, you will be given an estimate of your delivery date, but this is always subject to many variables, many which are out of the control of Tesla.

Currently many auto manufacturers are being blind sided by shortages of items such as computer chips or even stuffing material for seats. It is not Tesla mis-management, but so many things are just not being supplied as promised by their providers.

Tesla usually goes radio silence on all these issues, but all of a sudden they will begin going down the assembly line and into the hands of anxious customers.

Tesla is known for being agressive in production aspirations, but if even one little part is not available the whole car must be delayed.

Reactions: Vitaman
Well, in 18 pages of discussion I found plenty to edify myself.
We may be coming from different places. This is the 5th Tesla I have ordered, so I am used to their focus on making cars rather than making friends.
Also, was so busy at work that only realized a few weeks ago that there even was such a thing as a Plaid refresh. I was hungry for info and the Thread was helpful for me.