Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X P90 2016 For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 3 good friends that work for Tesla. 1 in sales, 1 in re-marketing and 1 in CPO sales at HQ.
Presuming that they are privy to the nuts and bolts algorithm of how buy-back prices are calculated, they are on the firing pad for disclosing proprietary information. Or more likely, they are making (perhaps educated) guesses at the algorithm based on experience pricing cars for CPO. Have there been any AP2 cars that are otherwise quite similar to other AP1 cars CPO'd yet ? For all we know, the Tesla algorithm bakes in a discount for technology improvement. On reflection that seems to me more likely than not.

EVs depreciate rapidly, in no small part due to technology advances. I recently bought a LEAF with 22k miles in like-new condition and a like-new battery for about 25% of msrp. The situations are far from similar because Nissan kinda sucks as a company and the battery tech has a poor reputation overall, but Teslas also depreciate rapidly in the first two years. The other reason specific to Tesla are the high prices for repairs outside of warranty, but this again is in part related to rapid technology change.

I'll emphasize again: this is chatter, since what matters is current market preferences that take into account AP2 hardware that is provided standard on new cars.

Last edited:
i never done this before and i hate how mean people are just because of someone elses preference that is no harm to anyone...
i tried to keep quiet but one of these people wont leave it alone and keeps posting accusations,,, people have so much time to waste

i just want to delete this account and leave ... but moderators do not reply for 2 days