Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X parcel shelf options/aftermarket suppliers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After owning Model S and 3 cars for the last few years, we just got our first X and realized their is no parcel shelf.

After doing some searching, it looks like only a few Signature X’s actually received one.

Do any third parties offer a parcel shelf /privacy cover for the trunk area? Has anyone made a DIY solution they can share?

Alternately, if you have a Signature Model X with the parcel shelf, could you post a picture of it and the dimensions?

Thanks!

The windows are tinted so darkly in the back, that when the back seats are not folded down, the rear storage area is hidden pretty well.

When the rear seats are down and the middle seats are still up - are usual configuration, the storage area is more visible - and that's the configuration where a cover would be helpful to hide what's in the storage area.

One of our previous ICE SUVs had a roller shade type cover that could be extended from the back of the middle row seats to the back of the storage area, hiding everything. It was easy to deploy and take down.

A shelf covering this extended area would be pretty large.

A challenge with the X design is the lack of anchor points behind the middle row seats because of the falcon wing doors. Anchor point would need to be on the back of the seats.

If someone came up with a solution for this - we'd probably buy it...

Are you talking about the cover that is removable from the trunk? On mine (2016 X90D) there's a cover that slides into grooves and slots. It is removable and when inserted hides the objects in the trunk.

Hmmm I have two S's and one X. If you can even do a diagram or something metaphorically similar (I know those words are redundant) or visually similar that would be helpful. I thought I might be able to help but what I think is my parcel shelf maybe isn't it.