Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslaunch Model X/S Gear Shift Stalk Switch Turn Signal Lever Kit🚀GIVEAWAY!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla enthusiasts,

How's everyone doing? 👋 We've got some exciting news to share! The long-awaited Model X/S Gear Shift Stalk Switch Turn Signal Lever Kit has finally passed the test and is officially launched for sale, meeting everyone's expectations🚗💨. This product meets our daily needs and conforms to our muscle memory.🛡👍

To celebrate these new additions, we're inviting 2 TMC fans to put these products to the test and share their honest reviews here and write an experience post on TMC!!! Let's take a look at the latest products👇

Tesla Model X/S Gear Shift Stalk Switch Turn Signal Lever Kit

Product link:
Model X/S Gear Shift Stalk Switch Turn Signal Lever Kit for Tesla

Product pictures:
SX GEAR SHIFT .png

Lottery quota:

2 for Model S/X car owners

How to Participate:
Simply drop a comment below sharing why you want to try.

Requirements:
1. Own Tesla Model S or Model X
2. Share your experience and share pictures and videos in this post and on the TMC post after receiving the product.

End date:
May 4, 2024

I would like to try it. I have a few questions though, those stalks have more functions besides turn signals and gear shift. Will the other marked functions work? Such as the windshield wipers, hi beams, and autopilot control?
Thanks!

Hello! Equipped with both high beam and AP functions, this product's functionality is almost identical to that of the original car's lever. Additionally, this product introduces a new horn function. Below is a brief description of its functions.

Function Display
Right Lever
R Gear: Push Upwards
N Gear: While in R Gear, Push Downwards
D Gear: While in N Gear, Push Downwards
P Gear: Press the Side Button
Activate Autopilot: Push Down Twice Continuously
Cruise Control: Press Once

Left Lever
High Beam Flash: Push Forward
Horn (New Function): Pull Backward
Right Turn Signal: Push Upwards
Left Turn Signal: Push Downwards
Wiper: Press the Side Button
Wiper with Water: Long Press Side Button

Reactions: drdumont
Thank you for your comments. This lever has been tested in-car. Here is an installation video available for your reference if needed. The giveaway list will be announced at the end of the event on May 4th. Stay tuned!

We sincerely apologize for the sunshade issue and for disappointing our fans' expectations. The technical team has now readjusted the mold, and the new product is in production.

Not sure you want to be a beta tester for something that can mess with electrical systems. I think this has to be tested and proven before sending out into the world.
Hello! Thanks for your comments and suggestions. This product has been tested and verified by data before it is officially launched for sale. Including functional verification and security verification. Please feel free to use it. ;)

I'd like to try it.
  • I own a 2023 Model S (Cream interior).
  • I'd like to try it out as I enjoy retrofit projects. I watches the installation video and I feel confident about doing that work. I tried once to replace the Yoke to a Wheel helping my neighbor, and I feel the process was fairly simple. It looks like this is the most difficult part for installing this product and I mostly have already did the critical steps to do that. I like the capacitive touch buttons but my wife who drives my car also doesn't like them at all since her daily car is not a Tesla... While am fine with the turn indicators, am very excited about the gear selector. I set my seats slightly backward and it's always a hassle to reach to the screen. I really like the idea of installing the Mbenz-style gear selector behind the steering wheel. I'm looking forward to trying it out and posting a well detailed video here for other forum colleagues. This would be a really nice Saturday project for me and my wife who enjoys together a weekend DYI task like that. We ran out of ideas on her BMW, and not this comes timely for my Tesla : )
Thanks for your comments! The giveaway list will be announced at the end of the event on May 4th. Stay tuned! 🥳;);)

Reactions: CTruck_BMW
I would be interested in trying them on my 2022 Plaid as well. I would be happy to write a fair and accurate review as well as provide feedback on any areas I see opportunities for improvement. In addition, I'd be willing to let a few people check them out in my car if they are in the Dallas area. I often go to cars and coffee events in my area. Definitely would help with visibility at a grassroots level. Not to mention, I get a lot of people stopping to talk to me about my car because of the trackpack brakes and Signature wheels.

Besides the question others have had about the product's actual testing, has it been tested through any software upgrade cycles? I am unsure what approach you have taken, but I'd hate it if it stopped functioning after an upgrade. I would provide feedback and after an update.
Hello! Thank you for your comment! Normal system updates will not change the settings related to this product. In other words, system updates generally will not affect the use of this product.

The list of giveaways will be announced on May 4th when the event ends. Please stay tuned! 🥳🥳

Wiper etc works?
3 blink halfway down?
Full blink?
More info. Park?
:)
Hello, here is a simple function introduction,please kindly check ;)
Function Display
Right Lever
R Gear: Push Upwards
N Gear: While in R Gear, Push Downwards
D Gear: While in N Gear, Push Downwards
P Gear: Press the Side Button
Activate Autopilot: Push Down Twice Continuously
Cruise Control: Press Once

Left Lever
High Beam Flash: Push Forward
Horn (New Function): Pull Backward
Right Turn Signal: Push Upwards
Left Turn Signal: Push Downwards
Wiper: Press the Side Button
Wiper with Water: Long Press Side Button

• Informative
Reactions: KJD
I’d love to give it a try. 2022 Model S Long Range. I replaced the yoke with an aftermarket steering wheel shortly after I got the car. Been waiting for a stalks solution ever since! For me it’s just impossible to safely signal turns of the wheel is turned more than 45 degrees - impossible in roundabouts and when there are two quick turns in succession in different directions to name a couple situations.

Having swapped yoke for steering wheel and also tapped power from behind the wireless charge pads, this install looks quite straightforward and easy so I would love to give it a try and share my experiences!
Hi! Thanks for your comment! The giveaway list will be announced at the end of the giveaway on May 4th. Stay tuned! 🥳🥳🥳

Please rest assured, this product has been tested in-car. Below is the installation video for your reference if needed.

We sincerely apologize for the sizing issue with the MS sunroof. We will definitely pay attention to this matter in the future.
Watched the video. I'm wondering what safety considerations there are with removing the airbag. I would have to assume there's a lot more info supplied with the product than just the installation video.

Watched the video. I'm wondering what safety considerations there are with removing the airbag. I would have to assume there's a lot more info supplied with the product than just the installation video.
I had to remove my airbag several times. It is a standard procedure and very easy to do. It is electronically activated, not by local manipulation. That is why honking the horn (on newer yokes and other cars) does not cause an explosion.
At the same time, you can bet your a$$ that I was darn nervous working on it!

Every airbag removal video for the car tracks with theirs. Pop it out, unplug the harness and done. Watched the Tesla mobile dude do the same with my Yoke when he switched me over to a round wheel. The programming involved after he was done was purely to update the icons in the software to reflect a round wheel vs yoke.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
Hello @Teslaunch! Wow, I have been waiting for this for a couple years now. I have already swapped my yoke for a wheel (Hansshow) so I have no issues with airbags, transferring the steering wheel control panel, etc. I was planning to do Ryan Huber's stalk mod but that fizzled out. I am definitely game to being an early adopter on my 22 MX Plaid.

Forgot to add, I love how clean the installation is. IIRC, Ryan's mod had a box that would translate the commands from the stalks into messages that the car would recognize. I do not see that box in this install. Did you integrate it into the stalks themselves (or the cable) or did you figure out a way for the car to accept the stalk's messages natively? All that to say, well done. Looking forward to testing it out.

This looks awesome and the installation looks very straight forward.
How do I get it ???? I have a 2024 MSP with round wheel (new center horn button).

Couple of questions.
  1. Any concern that Tesla might disable this in the future by securing third party adons that talk through the canbus? i.e. what if they encode or encrypt the canbus protocol on a major software update?
  2. Is there a splitter I could use so that I could continue to occasionally plug in my canbus dongle to view BMS data?

• Love
Reactions: KArnold