TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X posible camera malfunction

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Biludicrious, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Biludicrious

Biludicrious Member

Hi, currently on a long road trip, problem is after a self car wash i got 70% of time car is blind, it won't see trafic arround. As an example i would post some photos .

Did both reset soft and hard won't work, also dash cam got malfunctioned

Attached Files:

2. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Well, that's a new one. AP isn't available in any of your images, either. Everything you're showing should be the center camera set in the windshield. Maybe check the surface right over them? pull the housing and check the plug is tight?

3. Biludicrious

Biludicrious Member

Ap works fine as long as there are no vehicles on the way, it see the lanes, but having problems dectecting ( trucks flickering into cars or even to an empty space) but when wehicle would disappear it's trying to accelerate, I'm just not using autopilot atm while problem is arround. Thx for recommendation, tomorrow gonna try. Windshield is clean for sure

4. Biludicrious

Biludicrious Member

Possible root of the problem wich I found is upper panel from windshield, there is a buch of connectors and optical cables, and seem like panel is responsible for keeping them in place, now gotta see wich connector got loose

Attached Files:

5. Biludicrious

Biludicrious Member

Nope it did not helped still missing traffic

6. Biludicrious

Biludicrious Member

Immage

Attached Files:

7. puhiniho

puhiniho Member

Definitely take it in to SC. I wouldn't waste more time search around as you could make it worst. Seems like a repeatable issue to show them.

Please let us know how they resolved it... Good luck!