Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 'Raven' New Range!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.
Just saw on the Tesla website the EPA est. range of the Model X Standard Range went up by 5 miles from 250 to 255!
I didn't notice any difference with the Long Range or Performance, but I could be wrong.
I saw this too. I’m thinking it should be about 260miles coz the LR has 10% increase from previous model (pre refresh X). Did you order the new SR?

I saw this too. I’m thinking it should be about 260miles coz the LR has 10% increase from previous model (pre refresh X). Did you order the new SR?

Yes, I ordered the new SR on 5/10. I too thought the mile discrepancy between the SR & LR was too high, but I’ll take the extra 5 miles.
I wonder how this will affect real world range. I’ve read that due to the SR being software limited it can be charged to 100% without I’ll affects on the battery. If the LR is charged to 80% and a SR is charged to 100% that’s not a big difference.

68DCED22-938B-45F3-9CE1-F9FB413E88FD.jpeg
Yes, I ordered the new SR on 5/10. I too thought the mile discrepancy between the SR & LR was too high, but I’ll take the extra 5 miles.
I wonder how this will affect real world range. I’ve read that due to the SR being software limited it can be charged to 100% without I’ll affects on the battery. If the LR is charged to 80% and a SR is charged to 100% that’s not a big difference.

No, the SR battery isn’t software limited, it’s a 75kwh battery pack. The agent from Tesla had confirmed it when I asked about it battery packed used for SR after the refresh had been announced.

View attachment 412076

No, the SR battery isn’t software limited, it’s a 75kwh battery pack. The agent from Tesla had confirmed it when I asked about it battery packed used for SR after the refresh had been announced.

Man, I hate it when there is conflicting information.
When I test drove earlier this month my 'agent' told me specifically that Tesla is dropping the 75kwh naming for the standard range because it is in fact a 100kwh software limited battery. He continued, Tesla wanted to use fewer cells in the standard range battery but this was a easier/cheaper solution. There are a plethora of articles and forum post discussing this. I will send an email to my Delivery assistant person to get a conformation.
Tesla launches new cheaper Model S and Model X with software-limited battery pack
Tesla launches new cheaper Model S and Model X with software-limited battery pack - Electrek

Last edited:
Man, I hate it when there is conflicting information.
When I test drove earlier this month my 'agent' told me specifically that Tesla is dropping the 75kwh naming for the standard range because it is in fact a 100kwh software limited battery. He continued, Tesla wanted to use fewer cells in the standard range battery but this was a easier/cheaper solution. There are a plethora of articles and forum post discussing this. I will send an email to my Delivery assistant person to get a conformation.
Tesla launches new cheaper Model S and Model X with software-limited battery pack
Tesla launches new cheaper Model S and Model X with software-limited battery pack - Electrek

That article was back in January 2019. I know that’s not very long ago but the refresh S and X were announced April 23, 2019.

The Longest-Range Electric Vehicle Now Goes Even Farther Although it’s not specified but the software limited battery pack isn’t mentioned either. The new SR is a 75D battery.