Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 2016 MX and just got a Raven replacement. It seems to me there is a difference in the placement or adjustability of the padding on the sides of the lower back. It feels narrower and as if I can't quite fit between the two side panels. I'm not that big. I'm trying to remember what the up and down presses are supposed to do on the lumbar adjustment. The forward/back presses increase or decrease the lower back pressure but up and down doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, I really miss the perforated ventilated leather seats. The new seats seem much hotter, almost as if the seat warmer is on at a low setting. This is very disconcerting to me.

Did I read somewhere that the ventilated seats are still available as an option on some models?

I just got delivered my Model X and after installing floor mats, i noticed the underside of the middle row on my 5 seater. This should apply to 7 seater too. The front section of the seat where the calves would touch are untucked. The 30 split is tucked nicely but the 70 is totally undone, who else has this and please take a picture for reference so i can see how it should be. thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_7099.JPG
    IMG_7099.JPG
    360.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_7098.JPG
    IMG_7098.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 78
I had a 2016 MX and just got a Raven replacement. It seems to me there is a difference in the placement or adjustability of the padding on the sides of the lower back. It feels narrower and as if I can't quite fit between the two side panels. I'm not that big. I'm trying to remember what the up and down presses are supposed to do on the lumbar adjustment. The forward/back presses increase or decrease the lower back pressure but up and down doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, I really miss the perforated ventilated leather seats. The new seats seem much hotter, almost as if the seat warmer is on at a low setting. This is very disconcerting to me.

Did I read somewhere that the ventilated seats are still available as an option on some models?

Not at the moment. A few early Performance Ravens got them - presumably stock left over from before - but no current model has them offered. (They were included in the Performance upgrade for all S and X interiors right before the Raven update.)

They might be back in the future, or might not.

I just got delivered my Model X and after installing floor mats, i noticed the underside of the middle row on my 5 seater. This should apply to 7 seater too. The front section of the seat where the calves would touch are untucked. The 30 split is tucked nicely but the 70 is totally undone, who else has this and please take a picture for reference so i can see how it should be. thanks,

I just received my Raven on Saturday and I had the exact same thing - I pointed it out to my delivery person and she said they will have this fixed. She said she has never seen this before.

I just received my Raven on Saturday and I had the exact same thing - I pointed it out to my delivery person and she said they will have this fixed. She said she has never seen this before.

usually delivery is under the roof and looking inside the car can be kind of dark. but no one ever thinks to look under the seat. its almost the least concern during a thorough inspection. I'll make the suggestion to add that on to the check list in the model 3 forum.

I had the same thing. I just sat in the seat to put some slack in the upholstery then clipped that channel back where it belongs. Look at the other seat and the proper orientation of the plastic channel should be readily apparent