Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X tint windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just talked to the guy who did my 3m tint on the S and tried to arrange to get the X tinted. According to him, Tesla told the industry not to tint the windshield, because it has sensors. I also see some threads in TMC that you might need to re-calibrate the windows after tinting, as it might go up too much.

Anyone ever hear about this?

"但唔可以貼 Model X 擋風玻璃係香港代理給我地全行的消息. 話會影響汽車車頭感應"

I'd have to look for it theres post here about resetting the windows im just not at home right now to search for it but its pretty straight forward and can be done yourself .. if you want tesla to do it i image it might take 30min-1hr .. i did it myself and had them confirm it when it went in for service a few months later

Just talked to the guy who did my 3m tint on the S and tried to arrange to get the X tinted. According to him, Tesla told the industry not to tint the windshield, because it has sensors. I also see some threads in TMC that you might need to re-calibrate the windows after tinting, as it might go up too much.

Anyone ever hear about this?

"但唔可以貼 Model X 擋風玻璃係香港代理給我地全行的消息. 話會影響汽車車頭感應"

I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to tint the front windshield as its already lined with UV protection and tinted towards the top.
The only sensors I can think of are the three autopilot cameras but the tint wouldn't cover that section.

What kind of fix needed for side windows (front door, rear falcon)?
There is no sensor on them?

Thanks.
i didnt have the issue with the rear windows so i couldnt tell you the only windows i had a problem with were the two front ones ( i have an x) they would close a little bit past the top of the window and not come back down ..

Don't tint your windshield

Looks like there is some truth to it as another US car owner heard of the issue.

To quote the op:

"Again, just to add the complete picture (and I'm sure another round of "he's crazy"), but he also said there are sensors near the FWD moonroof windows that could get damaged (and cost $4K to replace) if they are exposed to any heat source (involved in tinting them)."