Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 20" Wheel Snow Chains - Damage Prevention

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now Australia is half way through the winter season, I'm planning a trip to the Alpine regions requiring snow chains. I've searched the thread for recommendations, and noticed an image of 20" Induction Wheel damaged due to snow chains. The below photo scared the crap out of me conisdering they are the recommended snow chains from Tesla.

But looking closely at the photo, I'm slightly confused. Theoretically, when the chains are installed and tenshioned, they shouldn't move. Therefore, they shouldn't rub against the Rim. I'd expect some scratches partly due to vibration of some the chains against the Rims, but not to the extent of the below image. So I have 2 questions:

1. Did anyone purchase, install, and use the Konig XG-12 for the 20" Induction Wheels? Was there damage to the Rims?

2. The Konig are currently out of stock from Tesla. I'm going to the Snow in the next couple of weeks. Any recommendations for other brands that work? (Looking at AutoFit CA450s as an alterative option)

Thanks,

56D8EF81-ED3F-4A40-84C9-C66D644BCEC1.jpeg