Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Bed Platform

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you that might be interested I just recently picked up TeraGlide's bed platform for my Overland build Model Y. The company is fairly new and based in New Zealand and I've spent some time talking with the owner through messaging. I got it just in time to show off my car for the car show portion at Electrify Expo in Long Beach, CA a couple of weekends ago. I'll be headed out to do an overnight beach camping trip here soon for my first trip out in the car to do a trial run with everything and make sure I haven't forgotten anything before I take it out and do some real dispersed camping/overlanding. The car is still in the early stages of the build and there's lots more to come and I'll do my best to keep posting stuff as I go. The thing I love about this platform is it collapses down to stay behind the rear seats so you can still use them. When the drawer is open all the way, the rear of the bed is hinged with drop down kickstands so you can still easily access the subtrunk where I happen to have my ACOPower fridge/cooler. I bought an inexpensive rechargeable water faucet that pumps out of a water jug and then of course my swing out tire carrier has a drop down camp stove table and slide out prep area with a 5lbs. propane tank attached. Absolutely love how this thing is coming along.

Attachments

• IMG_2729-2.jpg
    IMG_2729-2.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2783-2.jpg
    IMG_2783-2.jpg
    887.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2784-2.jpg
    IMG_2784-2.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2785-2.jpg
    IMG_2785-2.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Misterbee
From someone who camps fairly regularly in their Teslas, I'd be curious what your thoughts are on that. Specifically your foot room as that thing seems like it would really cram the area your feet have. I wear a size 14 and that's one of the biggest issues I had historically with some of the thicker air mattresses that claimed more comfort. We now use a mattress similar to what you have and I couldn't image losing height in that area. Also, it doesn't look like that drawer goes all the way back towards the back of the front seats. Does it just slope downward to make the floor level as it goes forward or is there a step that it creates midway up that then needs to be filled?

From someone who camps fairly regularly in their Teslas, I'd be curious what your thoughts are on that. Specifically your foot room as that thing seems like it would really cram the area your feet have. I wear a size 14 and that's one of the biggest issues I had historically with some of the thicker air mattresses that claimed more comfort. We now use a mattress similar to what you have and I couldn't image losing height in that area. Also, it doesn't look like that drawer goes all the way back towards the back of the front seats. Does it just slope downward to make the floor level as it goes forward or is there a step that it creates midway up that then needs to be filled?
The drawer is on full length sliders and you have to remove the two trunk floor pieces for everything to be level. I wear a size 11 and 5’9 and I fit fine. I could see someone with a size 14 might have trouble. Here’s a pic of it fully closed up as it sits behind the seats.

Attachments

• IMG_2928.jpeg
    IMG_2928.jpeg
    520.1 KB · Views: 5