Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falling out of love with my Model Y AWD - Sell or Keep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You seem to change cars every time the wind changes direction. How long has Tesla been making cars? They have been making a sedan since 2012. So barely a decade. How long had they been making the Model Y in Austin when you bought it? A year or less? In a factory that is still under construction. How long has BMW been making cars? Almost 100 years. Which car is going to be more refined? I think your expectations are too high for Tesla. You just can't go by some marketing promises. My opinion is you should stay away from Tesla until they have been making cars for 100 years.

I have a model 3 that I bought at the absolute worst time to buy a Tesla, when supply was low, prices were high, and before the tax rebates were announced. I Turo'd the car two different times to test it over a weekend to see if it was the car for me. I sold an Acura to buy it. No it is not as refined even as an Acura. But I didn't expect it to. I've owned a BMW, and liked it, but dumped it as soon as the warranty was up. I'm not sure I'll ever go back to BMW.

I bought the model 3 to see if I could live everyday with an EV and yes I can. I charge at home 99% of the time. I've taken two road trips and the Model 3 LFP has a max charge rate of like 150kw and only at a low SOC which I've never actually seen. But on my limited road trips when I stop to charge, I'm up in the 90%+ SOC by the time I pee and eat and grab a drink, so I don't really need 250 Kw charging.

I think my next car will be a Model Y Juniper if the tax credit is still a thing when it comes out. I recently drove a new Model Y with the upgraded suspension and it was already much improved over my Model 3. I'll take a beating selling my Model 3, or it may go to a family member. But I'll go into my next Tesla purchase with eyes fully open. One day other companies will make better EVs and maybe I'll buy one of those, but for the near future I think Tesla is still the EV to go with.