Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Cargo Cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To answer my own question, it seems like there might be a cargo cover. See the attached images just posted from the new Tesla Mobile App:

https://i.imgur.com/JiiB4Qp.png
I also posted about this and someone pointed out it may be the top of the third row. But the fact that it's from the app update just before the 5 seat Model Y is delivered to customers makes me think it isnt that.

So far on all the post delivery photos and videos, there is no cargo cover on the Y. No places to mount one either, based on what I've seen. If Tesla isn't going to have one as an accessory, this is a great opportunity for a third party accessory company to make a lot of money. One video I saw said the back glass is so dark you cannot see what is in there but that probably only applies to the daytime. I imagine someone with strong flashlight at night would see right in. I agree that at minimum this should be an OEM option, but Tesla being Tesla, they leave things off for some reason or another.

Reactions: BobbyD1