Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody want a free Model Y Cargo Cover in the Tahoe Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got an unused Model Y Cargo Cover. I really don't like it, and the amount of noise it blocks is not worth the inconvenience of it existing and being in my way. I did some decibel meter noise tests with and without. On my local very bumpy street during a 2 mile test, I averaged 65.7 decibels with and without the partition, but peaked 4 decibels higher at 84db without the partition vs 80db with. I did a similar freeway test and had an average of 72.3db without the cover, and 72.1db with. It peaked at 78.9db without the cover and 77.6db with.

I've got an unused Model Y Cargo Cover. I really don't like it, and the amount of noise it blocks is not worth the inconvenience of it existing and being in my way. I did some decibel meter noise tests with and without. On my local very bumpy street during a 2 mile test, I averaged 65.7 decibels with and without the partition, but peaked 4 decibels higher at 84db without the partition vs 80db with. I did a similar freeway test and had an average of 72.3db without the cover, and 72.1db with. It peaked at 78.9db without the cover and 77.6db with.
Was there any difference in sound quality? I thought it blocked some of the speakers too.