Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Data Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Recently ordered a MYLR in W/B with the induction wheels, and have been given indicative collection date of 16-31 of March.

The car is via a lease company and through some research on here it seems I will be added a as a secondary driver and the lease company remain as the primary driver/owner.

A couple of questions, does this give me the option to use my phone as a key and all the app functions etc.

Secondly what is the data protection like here with the lease company, can they see my journeys/calendar entries/ messages/ Synced contact details etc?

Thanks

I would think you can set up phone as key as you would have a physical key card.

As far as data protection, since the lease company is primary, I guess they could possibly see the location of the car (from mobile app) but they won't be able to see any of your data, etc.

Hi All,

Recently ordered a MYLR in W/B with the induction wheels, and have been given indicative collection date of 16-31 of March.

The car is via a lease company and through some research on here it seems I will be added a as a secondary driver and the lease company remain as the primary driver/owner.

A couple of questions, does this give me the option to use my phone as a key and all the app functions etc.

Secondly what is the data protection like here with the lease company, can they see my journeys/calendar entries/ messages/ Synced contact details etc?

Thanks
You may want to check out the UK group, as I think leasing is done differently here in the US vs the UK. Here, we order the car directly through Tesla and it is then leased, whereas I believe you actually order the car through the leasing company, correct?