Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model Y in Dec 2019.

I received an email today thanking me for "completing" my order.

Tesla will contact me with "available delivery dates as soon as possible". More marketing blah, blah, blah. Unfortunately, not other details about delivery dates or timelines.

Any idea when I can expect a delivery (or go pick up the car)? Two weeks, two months, six months?

I live in Tuckahoe, NY, about 20 miles north of New York city. I ordered a long range AWD, white exterior, FSD.

Any help would be appreciated. I still haven't installed charging capability at my home yet. Thanks.

Matt

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 8.55.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 8.55.08 PM.png
    685.6 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Jaycha2
Nope, a lot of people got that email on 5/13, and then it seems like another group of people got that email again today 5/21. So far it hasn't seemed to mean much, but it certainly looks like they are delivering LR AWD models right now as apposed to mostly performance models pre factory shut down. Seems like white interior is still a bit rare delivery wise too.

Reactions: dojacat
I got the same email this morning. I ordered mine in the beginning of may. My advisor texted me today asking if I had completed the info online. I completed everything except for loan documents. They instructed me to change my payment type to cash and that I could change it to a loan once I receive a vin. They said this could speed up my order and move up my delivery date sooner. They said I should tentatively expect delivery by the end of June. We will see!

Ordered AWD, LR, Grey, Induction wheels, white interior, FSD.

I received the same letter today. I place my order in early February 2020. I spoke to an advisor a couple of days ago and he recommended that I don't fill out the loan document for the Tesla loan. I think I'll call again and see what he thinks about me changing to paying cash. This is a strange way to do business but it seems to work for Tesla since we're all here waiting.

I received the same letter today. I place my order in early February 2020. I spoke to an advisor a couple of days ago and he recommended that I don't fill out the loan document for the Tesla loan. I think I'll call again and see what he thinks about me changing to paying cash. This is a strange way to do business but it seems to work for Tesla since we're all here waiting.

I thought the exact same thing but they said to let them know when I get a VIN and they will change it back to financing.

In true Tesla fashion, nobody gets a consistent message. I was told if I didn't reapply for my loan again (the day after it expired is when I happened to be chatting with them), that it could hold up me getting a VIN because it showed my account not ready on their end. If it takes so long that my loan expires a second time because of that, i'll be a little miffed.

Waiting on White & White Performance with 21". Ordered 3/2019, initially in Blue & White, LR, changed it to White & White Performance in January. Received request for all Registration info 3/26, then Freemont COVID now 5/13....prepare. OK, patient.

Tesla will contact me with "available delivery dates as soon as possible". More marketing blah, blah, blah. Unfortunately, not other details about delivery dates or timelines.

Any idea when I can expect a delivery (or go pick up the car)? Two weeks, two months, six months?

I live in Tuckahoe, NY, about 20 miles north of New York city. I ordered a long range AWD, white exterior, FSD.

Any help would be appreciated. I still haven't installed charging capability at my home yet. Thanks.

Matt

Matt
and I would get the electric done soon.....very happy I got mine done 2 weeks early. Think of it as a house improvement.

Booked last year, the day it was announced, white with black interior, completed paperwork including loan in March, got email on 05/13 thanking for the order...crickets since then. I hope it should be soon since anyone placing an order today can get the car in 8-12 weeks.

Booked last year, the day it was announced, white with black interior, completed paperwork including loan in March, got email on 05/13 thanking for the order...crickets since then. I hope it should be soon since anyone placing an order today can get the car in 8-12 weeks.

Hi Raincloud. Welcome to the group of us that for some reason, Tesla is ignoring the fact we put our order/reservation in more than a year ago. I don't profess to understand why orders placed in 2019 are not filled when people with orders placed this year are getting their cars. It doesn't seem to be the model/configuration that is holding mine up as I've see the exact same model/configuration being delivered to other folks. The best I can come up with are they don't send cars out to delivery locations until a transport is full or some deliver location based hold up. I'm going to call my local delivery center today to see what they know.

Okay, I just talked to the delivery guy at my delivery center and he said that Tesla does group production by color and you will see batches of cars of a specific color come out at once. He said he thinks they are doing red right now with blue following. He didn't mention any other colors. He also confirmed they are putting a priority on producing performance models still but they are producing some AWD ones too. He validated my account is holding for the VIN and no other information. He also said they are not expecting any deliveries until June here in Houston. He told me if I get a car in the next color batch, I ordered blue, it probably wouldn't be here until mid to late June. If I miss that round it may not be until next quarter. So, I have my fingers crossed I don't have to wait that long but he did confirm that some of the initial cars had a lot of quality issues and the longer I wait the better. He said they had one in the other day with 14 identified issues. So, I guess I wait a few more weeks and see what happens.

In the mean time, he told me they have a Model Y in our Houston Galleria showroom. I'm scheduled for a test drive on Monday June 1st. At least now I can see one and confirm it is what I want. It is a AWD model like I ordered so I'll be driving the same as I will be getting which will help me confirm I'll keep the order.

My delivery guy is much better at getting information than the account folks in Nevada. I would recommend if you haven't checked with your delivery center, do so, they might be able to help.

Reactions: neutrino and mazers
Just talked with a guy at my local store (Owings Mills, MD) and he said that they have not gotten any Model Ys in with 19 inch wheels yet, but expect some in the coming weeks. Guess Tesla is prioritizing the performance models and those with 20 inch wheels. I get it, maximize profits. I'll try to continue to be patient.

Just talked with a guy at my local store (Owings Mills, MD) and he said that they have not gotten any Model Ys in with 19 inch wheels yet, but expect some in the coming weeks. Guess Tesla is prioritizing the performance models and those with 20 inch wheels. I get it, maximize profits. I'll try to continue to be patient.

They had both an MSM and blue MY PUP on the lower lot a couple of days ago. My red AWD 19" wheel MY is due there on 6/4. The two on the lot were dirty and I couldn't go inside, but it was nice to see them in person. They were low VIN cars (1386 and 1799).

I've been seeing on the forums a lot of people with 19" wheels getting delievered