Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Gemini Wheels on Model 3 Performance/Can it be done?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just threw these on my 2018 LR RWD. 20mm spacers in the front and 25mm spacers in the rear. Lowered on MPP coilovers. IMO perfect aggressive fitment. You can definitely go 15/20 for spacers but anything less than 10 and you will be getting pretty close to the front knuckle with the inner lip of the wheel.
Looks amazing. Whats the tire specs?

Has anyone tried doing this with the tire that originally comes on the model y gemini? (27.7" diameter 255/45R19)
Anything taller than 27” won’t fit under the front upright, unfortunately. My 255/35R20 (27”) have maybe 2.5mm of clearance between the tire and the front suspension upright, and this is with a +29 offset (on Performance rotors).

Last edited:
Reactions: 808borg
I just threw these on my 2018 LR RWD. 20mm spacers in the front and 25mm spacers in the rear. Lowered on MPP coilovers. IMO perfect aggressive fitment. You can definitely go 15/20 for spacers but anything less than 10 and you will be getting pretty close to the front knuckle with the inner lip of the wheel.
Looks awesome. Do you happen to know your alignment specs in these photos? Also, any rubbing or fender work needed?

Looks awesome. Do you happen to know your alignment specs in these photos? Also, any rubbing or fender work needed?
Alignment specs are standard except for camber. The front ended up around -1.5* after lowering, I matched the rear to the front using MPP camber arms. There's no rubbing from the rear at all, and I've had the trunk loaded with 700lbs of concrete and landscaping stones. The front rubs the wheel well liner slightly where going up a driveway or small bump when the steering is turned. If I'm not careful and I take a driveway or a large bump too quickly when the wheels are turned it will ever so slightly touch the fender. It hasn't happened enough to require rolling but I guess I will eventually.

Edit: I just looked back on the photos I previously posted. The height has definitely settled since those photos, around 1/4" to 3/8" all around, which is what introduced the rubbing. At the height the photos show there was no rubbing at all unless you hit a bump really hard with the wheels turned.

Last edited:
So I'm about to do this with 19" Gemini wheels and 255 45 R19 tires on my 2022 M3P with 20 mm spacers. It looks like these are the options?

H&R wheel spacers

Bonoss wheel spacers

It sounds like I need them for my front wheels but optional for the rears depending on what stance I'm looking for?

Am I missing anything?
Unfortunately, 255/45R19 is a 28” tire, which will not fit the front of a Model 3 :/ .

That would work.
20mm in front is bare min for a spacer and 25mm in the rear looks good but not needed.
Im not sure about a 235 tire though.. Im running a 255 and rim is still too exposed for my liking. The 235 would have some serious rim exposure and tire would be too stretched for my liking.

Ideally a 255/35/19 would be perfect.

Curious why a 255/35/19 would be "ideal"...wouldn't a 255/40/19 at just about about a hair over 27" in diameter be the maximum "return on investment" we could get out of wider Model Y 19" wheel?
I guess 255/35/19 would be more efficient....

Got my model Y gemini wheels on with 245/40/19 Michelin PS A/S 4's 15mm spacer in the front and 20mm in the rear

Attachments

• IMG_4897.jpg
    IMG_4897.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 408
Reactions: ss71
Love it. Do you think 255 would have been doable?

If you had additional camber, you probably could. The ever so slight stretch from the 245 is probably saving me from some rub. There's about a .75 space with the 15mm spacer up front between tire and the arm. So there is room on inside for more tire. I just have natural camber from my air. MPP arms are on the wishlist for now

• Informative
Reactions: pdx_m3s