Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y interior choices

Pick one.

• I have Black and would never select the Cream/Oak.

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • I have White and prefer it as opposed to the Cream/Oak.

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • I wish I could have selected the cream/oak for the same up charge as the white.

Votes: 24 31.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing about non-chalk white seats is don't need to clean them frequently no matter how easy it is. I don't carry chicks or other farm animals in my car either. :) In my research the biggest complaint on stains is when a person with new blue denim sits in the white seats it stains them. I would imagine this can be a problem for all but black seats. However, some claim that the ceramic DIY spray on the leather can end that problem.

Sent Tweet to Elon to offer Oak / Cream interior choice for next year's Model Y and 3.

Apparently many love lack of color so chalk white is liked as a choice. More than I would have thought.

..... In my research the biggest complaint on stains is when a person with new blue denim sits in the white seats it stains them. I would imagine this can be a problem for all but black seats. However, some claim that the ceramic DIY spray on the leather can end that problem.

I treated my seats with 303 Protectant. I don't know what it would be like with the protectant, but I've never had any dye transfer from blue denim or anything else. I keep my car pretty clean anyway, but I don't take any extra precautions with the white seats.

Not a perfect solution but you could buy black interior to get the wood dash and cover them with seat covers in beige: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083BH99B3/ref=twister_B08CVJNG16?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the references. I saw some others too. May be the only solution if Tesla fails to offer better choices for us.
I did see this in the above link:

Will you make, or can these also fit a Tesla Model Y?
Answer:
hi dear,
we don't have a model Y template yet,the 2 front seats are the same as model3, the back seats are not.
we will produce model Y seat covers when we get the template.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
Highly doubt I would have gotten the amount of compliments I've gotten when someone sees my white interior opposed to a typical black interior.

Everyone always loves the white seats. Especially chicks.

White seats are also normally found in high end luxury cars. Only a $1000 option in a Tesla. Must have. Super easy to clean. Mine look brand new after 1 year. Spaceship feel. Particularly Crew Dragon.

those seats are black but white for the rest