Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y lowering springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going later this week for alignment.

Typically, you want to drive the car 500 miles or so after spring install to let them settle.

I’ll let you guys know, but hopefully this won’t require me to get camber arms, etc

It’ll be great to see where you’re at with this setup. This is my wife’s car, but with all of my previous cars on air ride, I spent many hours on alignment machines as I changed suspension components and wheel/tire configurations. It’s likely I’d dial in some camber on the Y if/when I put it on the rack, so I’ll be watching this thread closely for your numbers.

For what it’s worth, the Y’s that I’m trying to replicate are at approximately -1.5 to -2.0 front to rear.

I am going later this week for alignment.

Typically, you want to drive the car 500 miles or so after spring install to let them settle.

I’ll let you guys know, but hopefully this won’t require me to get camber arms, etc
Yeah, it's dependent upon the springs. My MPP coilover setup took about 1000 miles before they settled. I kept measuring every few hundred miles and sort of gave up initially since I wasn't seeing any drop.

My LR was lowered around 2" and my rear camber settled at -2.7, to give you some sort of reference.

Reactions: Simans82
What wheels are those?
Here’s a close up (springs newly installed; unsettled)

D75CC42B-9075-4822-B0B9-36D7B79C8FFB.jpeg

Based on the looks and the responses, I just bit the bullet and bought the Eibach Pro Kit. Having them installed next Friday. Will post before and after. The shop I went to mentioned they just did one Y and are getting more inquiries. For me, it will be about the look and not seeking a better ride (although that would be nice).

Based on the looks and the responses, I just bit the bullet and bought the Eibach Pro Kit. Having them installed next Friday. Will post before and after. The shop I went to mentioned they just did one Y and are getting more inquiries. For me, it will be about the look and not seeking a better ride (although that would be nice).
What's the total cost of the kit and installation?

To confirm, it doesn't appear that there have been any posts regarding an MYP on Eibach springs yet.
I lowered mine with the Eibachs and you can clearly see a difference. Mine dropped 1” in the front and just shy of 1.5” in the rear. These show the difference in height. You can see the difference in the front a little more clearly then you can the rear, but the drop is noticeable.

Attachments

• 7E821378-D6C7-409F-A38E-8F682765E6B3.jpeg
    7E821378-D6C7-409F-A38E-8F682765E6B3.jpeg
    804 KB · Views: 1,230
  • 0932C98A-88AB-4CB5-ADE4-9FA341123D88.jpeg
    0932C98A-88AB-4CB5-ADE4-9FA341123D88.jpeg
    583.1 KB · Views: 1,197
I like the Eibach springs a lot. Just installed them on MYLR and have driven about 100 miles on them so far and the ride performance definitely has not decreased. A little bit stiffer, but I like the feel of them. Here’s a before and after.View attachment 758842View attachment 758843

So wanted to report back on the Eibachs.

I’ve ridden on the for about 1000 miles now and just got the alignment done. No camber arms needed and the shop was able to fix the toe. Posting the readout here too.

A72ED0E3-83A9-484A-B473-6C44B3B9515A.jpeg

Has anyone installed H&R springs on a Performance Y? Saw these but can't find any reviews/feedback. H&R 2020-2022 Tesla Model Y Long Range and Performance (AWD) Sport Spring (No Air Suspension)

I'm waiting to see someone with an LR install these. I was going back and forth between Eibach and H&R, but I really didn't want the front much lower than the Eibach specs. This is despite the fact that I personally don't like the look of a car with a larger front fender gap than the rear. I'm happy with the Eibach setup, but I might make a change after seeing some pics of the H&R's installed on an LR.