Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y official spoiler now $550, down from $800

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked the Tesla store and it shows the Model Y official spoiler is now $550, down from $800. I have a third party carbon fiber spoiler from Amazon that I got on sale for $150 and installed myself.

Is it worth getting the OEM spoiler now that it's $250 less? With tax it's $600 installed.

Does getting the OEM spoiler increase your top speed on the LR from 130 to 150?

Just to add, the third party spoiler I installed looks fine, height wise it's a like 2 mm off, but it's basically unnoticeable. The 3m tape is thick and can be seen at the ends though, so it's a little annoying.

does getting the OEM spoiler increase your top speed on the LR from 130 to 150?
I was asuming this was ment as satire / a joke, but just in case its not, absolutely, positively, 1000% no.

There is no reason to replace what you have if you are happy with it. There is nothing that special about the OEM spoiler other than its the spoiler that comes with the car. Nothing else.

Just to add, the third party spoiler I installed looks fine, height wise it's a like 2 mm off, but it's basically unnoticeable. The 3m tape is thick and can be seen at the ends though, so it's a little annoying.
the spoiler on a MY(pick your variant) is purely cosmetic.
if you like the look, all good.
But OEM vs the aftermarket? They are all from the same makers.

Reactions: Skavatar
We're skipping an added spoiler on the Model Y because it's already very tight when we open the rear hatch with the garage door open. We had to set the hatch to stop a bit lower so it wouldn't hit that garage door. Adding a spoiler would likely add a few more inches to the hatch height when open, so no thanks for us.

Reactions: Resist