Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Paint defect (September Delivery)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soon as a drove her off the lot of Tesla. I took her straight to a PPF installer. After I week of waiting I picked her up and the first thing I notice is a black circle on the driver side. After asking the installer what it was they told me that it was a factory paint defect under the clear coat. So, now she’s back at Tesla getting a paint correction and will have to reinstall the PFF once the paint heals. Just very frustrated with the situation. I was excited to see the results, but have to wait longer to enjoy her.

Attachments

• 7CACD779-8094-45F1-9269-FCA60B43AA0D.jpeg
    7CACD779-8094-45F1-9269-FCA60B43AA0D.jpeg
    536.5 KB · Views: 120
This has been discussed repeatedly in the 3 group. Heck my first 3 had it dead center on the hood. It took a week before I even noticed it as it didn’t show up except under certain lights and angles. It wasn’t worth getting it touched it up replaced and possibly having something worse.

Give us after photos from same angle and sun along with all the details what they did.

I picked up my Y in June and just now getting my PPF done. I had a paint issue that was fixed so I had to wait to get the appointment, then wait again for it to cure.

It's always a risk if you do the PPF immediately.

this is true. that's why I recommend either not driving it for a few days, wash the car so you can see the defects in different lighting, or use the good ol blue painters tape method where you tape off the front bumper. SEems crazy but it's been done