Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance 7 Seater Mod

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I just ordered a 2023 long range, but really wanted the performance, unfortunately, I need a seven seater. Has anyone had success in modifying the 5 seat performance to add the 3rd row and make it a seven seater? Would it be possible to find a seven seater salvage and install the third row in the performance?

Thanks for linking that. I did a search but wasn't using the right terms apparently. Sounds like quite the project. I'll comment there. I'm new to this forum but happy to delete this post if it helps. Just not sure how to delete.

I thought I read there is additional frame bracing on the 7 seater to make it safer for side impact. So even if you could bolt everything in it is not the same. You are better off getting a MYLR 7 seater and unlocking it with Ghost mod if you happen to get the right motors. You won't have the wheels, brakes, suspension, or rear lip. You could pick custom options which might be preferable anyways.

Reactions: esfan
I knew about the acceleration boost option but wasn’t aware of the ghost mod. Sounds like you have to get lucky with a certain motor configuration. I’ll have to do some searching on the forum. I’m assuming you lose your warranty.