Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone. I've ordered a 2023 model Y long range, but need the seven seater so performance isn’t an option unfortunately. I don't care for the Gemini so I upgraded to the 20" Induction which is the only upgrade offered. I would’ve preferred Uberturbine but it is not an option. I've noticed quite a few people selling their Uberturbine and was a bit surprised. Is there a reason why so many people sell them and should I be avoiding them? Thanks in advance!

They are heavy. Also very prone to rash being 21’s and a short sidewall. There’s two MYP at work…they both have rash on their uberturbines. That being said, I still thing they are the best looking factory option. But they are heavy. Hehe

Reactions: esfan
Induction wheels are almost as prone to curbing as Uberturbines if what I've seen from the Hertz rental fleet is any indication. They optioned all their MYLRs with Induction wheels for some reason and almost every one of them I've seen are curbed. Most have almost 360 degree of rim rash. So even though they do have a bit more sidewall than Uberturbines, you should still be mindful of curbing them.

Reactions: esfan