Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Model Y Performance on TST 19" Wheels from TSportline - Pics Attached

Looks great. How is the OD from your original tire versus the OD of the new tire? New tires 'look' a little smaller, don't quite fill the wheel well as much?

I have an MYP on order, and I feel I very much want to do a similar mod and get rid of the 21"s...
Can you define OD? Not sure what you're referring to. Outer diameter maybe? They definitely don't fill the wheel well out as much, but the sidewall is a lot thicker and the ride is greatly improved as a result.

I am installing a set of Mountain Pass coilovers, and will be dropping the car by maybe a 1/2" or full inch. Model Y P on comfortable suspension, lightweight wheels, and fat sidewalls, = heaven for me.

Lovely ride OP. Silver-wheeled Model Y's unite!

I'm across the pond, and had fully intended to powder coat the gemini's immediately, but they're growing on me more especially given the prevalence of dark wheels. I think I'll run a set of anthracite turbine replicas or something else in the winter, and keep these nice for milder months.

View attachment 798749
On the white paint, the silver of the uncovered Gemini's looks decent IMO. Other paint color, it doesn't work well IMO.

So here's some not so thorough but still useful data. Above is after switching to the 19" wheels, below is on the Uberturbines. Obviously the Uberturbines have actually *gained* some wh/mi due to accumulating further data from the 19's, so the Wh/mi is likely a lot less than is shown here.

Basically from day 1 of ownership I left trip B alone, and as soon as getting the 19's on I reset trip A to collect some data. Suffice to say range has most certainly increased.

IMG_8655.jpg

Reactions: Casss
So here's some not so thorough but still useful data. Above is after switching to the 19" wheels, below is on the Uberturbines. Obviously the Uberturbines have actually *gained* some wh/mi due to accumulating further data from the 19's, so the Wh/mi is likely a lot less than is shown here.

Basically from day 1 of ownership I left trip B alone, and as soon as getting the 19's on I reset trip A to collect some data. Suffice to say range has most certainly increased.

View attachment 800473

What wheel setting do you have in the computer?

If you are getting 320 Wh/mi with the 19s vs 305 Wh/mi lifetime, seems that range has decreased rather than increased? Using more energy per mile than before the change.

Asking as I'm seeing similar results which is contrary to what was expected...

Reactions: hodes
What wheel setting do you have in the computer?

If you are getting 320 Wh/mi with the 19s vs 305 Wh/mi lifetime, seems that range has decreased rather than increased? Using more energy per mile than before the change.

Asking as I'm seeing similar results which is contrary to what was expected...
Yes, I've got the 19's set in the computer.

I had a brainfart. Trip A is the lifetime which was never reset since I got the car. Trip B is when I stuck on the 19's. Trip B has been of course gradually been pulling down the average wh/mi of Trip A as there's no way to "freeze" it, so technically the original wh/mi consumption was a lot higher before.

Reactions: asm777
Yes, I've got the 19's set in the computer.

I had a brainfart. Trip A is the lifetime which was never reset since I got the car. Trip B is when I stuck on the 19's. Trip B has been of course gradually been pulling down the average wh/mi of Trip A as there's no way to "freeze" it, so technically the original wh/mi consumption was a lot higher before.

Ok, that makes way more sense!

I just reset my trip since installing the 19 TSTs this weekend because the data was never going to get to an apples-to-apples comparison due to starting elevation. My "lifetime" trip was reset at delivery but we reside at over 1K elevation whereas the 19s were installed closer to sea level so had an additional uphill journey that made the Wh/mi higher for that trip (even as overall total was inching downwards from when I had the original 21s). Not going to look at it for the next 1,100 miles or so and see what the numbers look like then. I have mine set to 20s (because the graphic more resembles my actual setup vs the 19 Geminis 😂) but should be OK since the wheel/tire setup have similar profiles (other than weight) but maybe that is also having an impact on what is being displayed.

The odd thing is, my "trip for 19s" will change much more dramatically than my "current trip" which doesn't make any sense to me given it is supposed to be average consumption over more miles...

For example, this morning, I had trips open during my 7 mile drive (first down a 900+ft elevation hill then back home) where the Wh/mi for the first half is negative and the return drive is 600+ off the charts.

Current trip was hovering in the high 200s during 7 mile drive.
Trip for 19s went up over 320 (which is supposed to be an average over more miles).
Overall Wh/mi was holding around 310.

How does Trip for 19s go up HIGHER than the Overall Wh/mi when the Current trip is LOWER than the Overall Wh/mi? 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, thanks for sharing your photos! Helped in making my choice to go with the 19s vs the 20s and happy with the improved ride and looking forward to seeing consumption figures improve, even slightly. 👍

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC