Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance // Tire Rack Wheels/Tires/TPMS Sensors Legit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awaiting my MYP order coming within the next month or so and looks like I will immediately have to take the 21s off. Rhode Island Fall and Winter can be brutal and Im not trying to wait, as I stink at that. So, looking at these noted in the pic. MSW Type 49s, 20s with some all season on them. They are built for higher end SUVs from what I gather.

So, question...

Does Tire Rack use the Tesla factory Bluetooth TPMS sensors or what not? Looking to just the the wheels/tires in a package, mounted and balanced, shipped to my tire guy and installed. Any feedback or experiences using Tire Rack would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 10.17.45 AM.png

If you input the car they are going on, when you order the package they will use the correct TPMS sensors for the car you say they are going on. I just did a sample run on their web page for a winter wheel and tire package. First it had me pick the wheels, then the tires, and then asked if I wanted the $380 TPMS sensors with mount and balance, mount and balance only without TPMS sensor, or unmounted.

Keith

Reactions: JaeTheDev
If you input the car they are going on, when you order the package they will use the correct TPMS sensors for the car you say they are going on. I just did a sample run on their web page for a winter wheel and tire package. First it had me pick the wheels, then the tires, and then asked if I wanted the $380 TPMS sensors with mount and balance, mount and balance only without TPMS sensor, or unmounted.

Keith
I recently changed wheels and tires on my newer MYP. I got the TPMS sensors from Tire Rack and they work perfectly. Each one has the Tesla emblem and the small box that they come in has the Tesla part number on it. Hope this answers your question.
Thanks to both of you!

Vette, whats wheels did you get? Would love to see!