Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear-ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Last week, my Model Y was rear-ended in New Jersey. I am still waiting for the police report as I did not exchange information with the driver - only the state trooper who arrived quickly. It was a tense moment, and I was upset, trying to keep my composure during the interaction with the driver. However, I am now trying to understand their expectations. I took the car to a body shop, which mentioned they are not part of the Tesla program for purchasing parts. I have the option to buy parts myself or find a body shop affiliated with the Tesla program. I would like clarification on what to expected regarding the rear-end damage?

IMG_5205.jpeg

The repair has to be done at tesla certified shop. You can file the claim directly with third party insurance or with your own insurance. The police report will have their insurance code number that you can identify. With the footage it should be an open and shut case. Remember to ask for diminished value claim too after repair if no previous accident. If you go with your own insurance. You need to confirm your rental coverage. Not sure if your own insurance will apply rental limits. Tesla repair easily take months.

Something unrelated. Why is it always the cheap hooptie cars rear end someone. I guess that is why all new cars now have automatic emergency brake. I want to see some brand new BMW or equivalent rear end someone.

• Funny
Reactions: BroncoAZ