Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rim Scuff/Curb Rash solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,
I've got a model Y with the 20" induction rims and they've already been scuffed a couple of times (won't dob in the culprit...).
I've been researching for how to 'fix' this in a DIY manner and I've already bought a useful sanding tool off amazon for it. The paint is the tricky part though, as all the brands seem to be US based (Zink, T-Sportline) and charge multiple hundreds to ship to Australia - seriously, the Tsportline paint is ~$30 odd bucks but the shipping was over $300!!! madness....
Does anyone know a source of paint that'd be a good match for the induction rims (satin black I think it is)?

Hi there,
I've got a model Y with the 20" induction rims and they've already been scuffed a couple of times (won't dob in the culprit...).
I've been researching for how to 'fix' this in a DIY manner and I've already bought a useful sanding tool off amazon for it. The paint is the tricky part though, as all the brands seem to be US based (Zink, T-Sportline) and charge multiple hundreds to ship to Australia - seriously, the Tsportline paint is ~$30 odd bucks but the shipping was over $300!!! madness....
Does anyone know a source of paint that'd be a good match for the induction rims (satin black I think it is)?
Next time you’re up in Perth visit Variety paints in Malaga. they can match the paint, in fact so many kerbs jump out in front of Tesla rims they probably have it matched already.

Reactions: Jedisparky
I have got the same car and wheels and had two minor (sadly self inflicted) scuffs. From another post here (search for word "Evoke") I have a can of Dupli-Colour touch up spray code DSH95 - name of colour is "Evoke" - and it is pretty much a perfect match, at least for small rim touch up. It was on sale at Supercheap Auto several months ago for around $10.

The original post (there are a few): Induction touch-up

Cheers

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
I have got the same car and wheels and had two minor (sadly self inflicted) scuffs. From another post here (search for word "Evoke") I have a can of Dupli-Colour touch up spray code DSH95 - name of colour is "Evoke" - and it is pretty much a perfect match, at least for small rim touch up. It was on sale at Supercheap Auto several months ago for around $10.

The original post (there are a few): Induction touch-up

Cheers
Thanks for that, will keep it in mind but was really hoping to avoid spraypaint due to the mess etc. That's why those Zink ones with the nailpolish type application looked great.

Next time you’re up in Perth visit Variety paints in Malaga. they can match the paint, in fact so many kerbs jump out in front of Tesla rims they probably have it matched already.
Thanks have emailed them asking if they have a match for the induction wheels as they have a paint match for the 21" uber turbines (gunmetal) but nothing about inductions from what I can see.

After the first 6 times rashing the same two wheels, I learnt to stop mostly by avoiding the really tight shopping centre driveways and learning to not care backing up and holding the person behind me up. At least it doesn't stand out as much on the stock silver wheels.