Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y September October 2021 could we be getting 2022 models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bumping this to the top. Any September VINs get a 2022 badge?
The battery is a given hard NO since giga Austin isn’t up and running, that won’t probably be in the car with a new body style until later this year or best 1Q2022 delivery.

The only difference between 2021 models and 2022 models produced at the end of 2021 in Fremont will be a single letter that is different on the VIN. The cars will be the same but maybe your resale will hold a few extra % over the 2021 model. I would have rather been driving my car for the last 3 months than the consolation prize of a 2022 model year.

The only difference between 2021 models and 2022 models produced at the end of 2021 in Fremont will be a single letter that is different on the VIN. The cars will be the same but maybe your resale will hold a few extra % over the 2021 model. I would have rather been driving my car for the last 3 months than the consolation prize of a 2022 model year.
True, but your comment is just what I’m looking for. At this point my prior registration for the car I’m trading in has been paid. Not in an eager rush but since we’re almost done with 2021 I wouldn’t mind a 2022 mode that one would take over a 2021 model to the unbeknownst driver.